ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tuning a 1.2

any suggestions on how to tune my 1.2 8v? At the moment all i have done is fit a full system scorpion exhaust! I was think of getting a superchip, Induction kit and power boost valve!

Any advice woul be greatly appreciated.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Not really gona get alot of power from it. A decat and improved induction system may release a couple of bhp.

hey man dont expect too much obviously, if you want to spend a lot of money on your 1.2, perhaps get a viper induction kit which probably the best one hence the rather high price.

nah i dont expect to get massive power gains from such a small engine, but I would like to tune it a little as i wont be swopping my car for a while, just out of interest what power gains can i expect from a viper induction kit?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

my mates 1.2 was decatted and had a green induction filter on it and the combination of the two made it feel nippier.

182 cup pack

Quote: Originally posted by kliokrazy on 23 February 2004

engine conversion would be better........

Tottaly agree.Get a 1,4 or 1,6 16v and the difference will be enormous.

Thats made that your output is 100bhp per litre!

Anyway, you can get a universal kit for the viper i believe. Im not sure how different the 8v is the 16v, but k-tec will be bringing out a turbo before the years out. If you feel like wasting money you could get headwork, machine the throttle body, gasflowing etc etc..

-Rob

does any1 know how much the turbo conversion will cost? and will they be making it for a 1.2. Would it be cheaper to av an engine conversion?

Ive currently got a 1.2 8v.

Ive put 57i induction kit, eco-tek valve, and s/s cat back exhaust.

Thinking of getting De-Cat. There isnt that much of a difference in power its just a bit more responsive when changing gears. Sounds top tho.

I was thinking about waiting 12/18 months then getting an engine conversion. Ive already spoke to Torsion Tuning about 1.4GTT or 1.8 16v. The prices are really reasonable, im just waiting for my insurance to drop a little first.

Craig.

I have a 1.2 8v, i have a back box whihc does sweet FA, but planning to get a full k-tec system in the summer, have a K&N induction kit which, has made alot of difference, not so juch at the higher revs, but al low speeds and low rpms, where my car is nippy anyway, its even nipper, i can spin the wheels in 2nd wiht it on now :)

Am getting a de-cat made up by a mate as we speak, i have been told it will be between 5-10%$ extra power, well 5% is 3bhp, so im expecting about 4bhp.

Will prolly get it chipped at some point.

Cant be bothered wiht engine conversions, gonna mod it up and sell it off as a complted project when im 21 nd hopefully get a 172

Mondeo STTDCI

There is no such thing as tuning a 1.2 IMHO. Not unless you are willing to throw thousands of pounds at it. And it will still be slow as f**k. I drive a 1.2 currently and I believe you are best off leaving it until you can afford a bigger can and the insurance to match. It just aint worth it.

i suppose ur right, its not worth spending loads and not getting much increase, i will just av to wait till im a little older and can afford something which is worth tuning, I do like the sounds of the turbo tho! :D, my car has 60bhp as standard, all i have done is fit a full system exhaust cat back, I cant tell any difference but it sounds mint! what sort of bhp gains can i expect from a turbo if they do make it for the 8v?

Well David was saying he wanted 110-120bhp for the 1.2 16v. Thats without intercooling. It would need a worked on bottom end of though, and the gearbox would be a worry too. Combined with the normal bolt ons youd have a hot hatch on your hands, remember the 1.2s weigh over 100kg less than a 172.

-Rob