ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo chra replacement

182 clio
hi all again ?

As per the title I'm looking to replace my chra rather than the full turbo.

I'm looking for a good chra to replace it with as I've read alot if horror stories about them not being balanced etc.

Any advice/ suggestions?

As I know the knowledge on this site may point me to the cheapest but best quality if that makes any sense.

?

182 clio
1.6 HDI turbos are dirt cheap due to being horrifically dogshit, you might as well buy the full unit mate?
Ano but Av saw some at 48 quid for the chra there has been no touching on the scrolls so am thinking if caught in time just a chra replacement should be good enough.

Cheapest I've saw a full turbo is about 140 off ebay but we know that will last a whole 200yrds ?.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Ano but Av saw some at 48 quid for the chra there has been no touching on the scrolls so am thinking if caught in time just a chra replacement should be good enough.

Cheapest I've saw a full turbo is about 140 off ebay but we know that will last a whole 200yrds ?.
Tbh mate most of them last 200 yards, it's the return that delaminate too so they get ruined that way. Then people miss the oil restrictors on the feed?

So much to go wrong on such a simple looking car?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I thought changing the chra wasn’t as simple as it seems because it needs to be put in the exact way and then balanced up? May be more hassle than it’s worth?

182 clio
it's the chra that gets balanced not the scrolls.
I'm only thinking of doing it this way due to me catching it before any damage was done.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's not from China is it? cos those are the ones that explode.

Get a proper one from Melett.

182 clio
It's not from China is it? cos those are the ones that explode.

Get a proper one from Melett.

Mostly everything comes from China anyway ?
Yeah Chinese one.
Will keep eye on it for short time after fitting.
I know plenty of people who fit the cheap turbos and have no issues with them.
it may pay off then again it may not ?

182 clio
chra came today only ordered yesterday ?
Was ment to be 48hrs
will hopefully get it fitted in the next few weeks

182 clio
Chra done today was getting to noisy and loosing oil. Never got photos I was covered in oil thanks to the clip that must have broke on the rocker breather.

Was quite simple really so fingers crossed it lasts.
Current mileage is 149500 roughly.

182 clio
How simple was it? Might be an avenue I look at later on.

Really simple.
Made marks on the cores to line up once the chra is changed.
Went together really easy tbh would definitely recommend so far for cheapness.
45 quid for chra about 30 for oil filter oil and sump plug and about 18 for oil feed pipe so all in all 93 in total Inc service.

Craigy69k

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 182 FF
How is this holding up mate thinking of doing the same rather than buy a returned turbo unit?