ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turini silver RAL code

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Does anyone know the RAL code for cup silver turinis so I can attempt to get them colour matched at my powdercoater?

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know the RAL code for cup silver turinis so I can attempt to get them colour matched at my powdercoater?

I don’t think it’s a flat colour (which is what RAL codes are).

If you want it properly original a lot of wheel restore places will powder coat then do a traditional wet paint on top in the correct colour.

This website is handy for getting the correct paint codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
The place that are doing them asked for a ral code

Take your pic then. It won’t be 100% but I’m sure you can get a close match.

RAL codes are just a universal way of coding paint colours used in powder coat as well as stuff like metal paints like rustoleum etc. But they aren’t automotive paint codes that manufacturers use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm a bit confused then, they told me to tell them the ral code then they could match it. So am I meant to just go off a swatch? Not many real silvers on there.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a bit confused then, they told me to tell them the ral code then they could match it. So am I meant to just go off a swatch? Not many real silvers on there.
Exactly that. As mentioned, OE wheels would be painted in mixes decided my manufacturer or wheel supplier. They 'may' have been a ral based colour but a match using swatches will be as close as you can get as Powdercoats wont come in much other than RAL or Pantone colours.
They have a huge range and do do metallics so a close match should be easy enough. Assuming your getting all wheels done so it shouldn't hugely matter anyway.