ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turini tyre recommendations?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It’s been a while and I’m just wondering what are the go to tyres for the Turini’s nowadays? The car is on some rather tired 10 year old PS3’s so definitely need replacing.

Should I go for new PS3’s or are there better tyres now. Also 205/45’s or 195/45’s? I’m thinking of going 205.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
PS3 all day imo they are pricey but worth it in the long run. Also I have toyos up front at the minute and can't wait to get rid because it's a bit understeery at the minute with PS3 on the rear.

I'd go 205 too.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
195/45/16 PS3 for me.
Any particular reason you stick with factory sizing over 205’s?

If you can get them in that size the new Eagle F1's are very good, performance vs. price.

Can only find Assy 2’ in 16’s are they the ones you speak of or are they the older versions?

Are they that bad? mines going back on the road in the next few weeks and i keep looking at the Toyo's on there and keep thinking of negative reviews.

Admittedly I had Toyo’s on my first Cup and didn’t find them too bad, they weren’t amazing but they weren’t s**t either. Did several track days and thousands of road miles without issue.

But with current cars I usually stick to PS4’s though I could get some for the Clio but seems like PS3’s are all they offer.

So will get looking for some PS3 deals 👍

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
My personal preference is PS3 or Avon ZV7 and whichever is available in the size I want and the cheapest between them, sometimes the PS3's have been the cheaper option.

I've used both on my 172 Cup in 195 45 and there's zero performance difference between them from my experience

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Yes Avon ZV7s. My old 182 had those on and they were ok too. Didn’t have them over the winter, but seemed fine throughout the summer.

But you’d only buy the Avons if you didn’t want to spend the extra on PS3s.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Nankang NS-2R are available in 195/45/16 and 205/45/16
Zestino Gredge are available in 205/45/16 (in two compounds)

Obviously both semi-slick, but if the car sees plenty of track work might be worth a look?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Update to this, managed to get 4 PS3’s in 195 flavour for around £370 (+ Michelin cashback promotion) from Camskill 👍