ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turinis vs standards

182 cup
Are Speedline Turinis much different from standard 182 alloys in terms of weight and quality?

Was comtemplating the change, but not sure if it's a clever use of my money.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Not forgetting they look better :)

3929771792_22efabbf87_b.jpg

But if they are for track wheels, get a set of 15s.

Clio 182
Anybody know weight of Turinis? Friend just bought new RS CUP wheels and they are really heavy. RS 16 inch 9,5kg (21 pounds) vs Superleggera 17 inch that weight 7kg (15,4 pounds). :S

Golf GTD Mk7
oz superleggeras are bound to be lighter to be honest. Ultra leggeras are also. Turinis aren't that light imo. Just better than the standard wheels

182 cup
Yeah anyone know the weight difference between 16" turinis and standards? Best place to buy turinis near London?

b/g 182, meg tourer
they look much better. vent the brakes much better. but are still fairly heavy.

i would opt for something lighter (much lighter) and less common such as ultraleggeras ;)

b/g 182, meg tourer
182 wheels - 9.5kg per wheel
turinis - 8kg's per wheel
ultraleggeras - 6.7kg's per wheel

think these are right. not 100% sure but i was looking into it quite a lot when i changed my wheels. it made a difference to the feel of the car and a massive difference to the brakes.