ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turning seat belt beep off

i am really getting annoyed with the beeping coming from the seatbelt alarm. i dont mind when i am driving down the road as i have me seat belt on but when i move me car about or drive to the shops it really pisses me off. how can i turn it off?

Thanx

Just put your seatbelt on, you never know when you may need it, however short the distance. I put mine on even if Im moving my car from one part of the drive to another, because it feels wrong without it.

Ive had a seat belt save my life twice, wouldnt ever consider driving any distance without one, just dont feel safe.

same here done feel safe without it either.i drive a on a local caravan site and its like 10mph limit and i always driving on their and moving me car about on me drive. just really anoys me when it starts beeping.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

It HAS to be there for the Clio to acheive the 4 NCAP stars etc, so hence you cant "legally" remove it.

Clio 197

I remember once I ignored it for a while, then it stopped by itself (but maybe it deafened me, so Im not sure!).

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 15 August 2004
cups dont have it.

I think its part of the airbag system, and as cups dont have the side impact airbags etc (do they?)

You can disactivate it but Im not telling as your supposed to wear it its there for your own safety. (you can work it out if you do a search for this topic)

Mine has been disconnected but was like that from the dealership.

Trust me having your seatbelt on is for your own safety. Ok so you might find a few time in a crash your safer without it but on the whole your better with it on.

On the wearing seatbelt subject, In my area there was a guy driving along quite safely not wearing his seatbelt, he got rear ended by a calibra doing about 70 being chased by the police, not sure how it happened as I thought if something hit you from behind you would push back into your seat, he did however go through his windscreen and died.

Also worth a mension, as I understand it it is optional for police to wear seatbelts in high speed chases, may not be true.

VaVa

I dont know if Im on my own in this, but I put my seatbelt on without even thinking about it. Its just like a subconscious action.....

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 16 August 2004

I dont know if Im on my own in this, but I put my seatbelt on without even thinking about it. Its just like a subconscious action.....
same for me, its in the geting into the car routine

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by cupdriver on 16 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 15 August 2004

cups dont have it.
Yes they do, Mine has.
Ditto!

Next time youre walking down the street look for people not wearing belts. Youll be amazed! Loads and loads of people dont!

Also if we have a knock with the t0ssers who dont then theyll get hurt!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 15 August 2004

It HAS to be there for the Clio to acheive the 4 NCAP stars etc, so hence you cant "legally" remove it.
:confused:

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 16 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 15 August 2004

:confused:
Dont replace the steering wheels dont they? Surely that would affect the 4 star rating more than that!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

always wear your seat belt but if you pull the black wire out of the drivers seat belt buckle (its a push in connector they do come out with a good tug) it thinks the belts plugged in all the time.

" "think" police have to wear seatbelts only ppl who dont are myself a bus driver and taxi drivers"

Delivery guys dont have to either, for instance, i work in B&Q and i am often needed to go out a deliver, and as delivery guys, you DONT have to wear your seat belt! Though i always do out of habbit!

Quote: Originally posted by stuartturrell on 16 August 2004

" "think" police have to wear seatbelts only ppl who dont are myself a bus driver and taxi drivers"

Delivery guys dont have to either, for instance, i work in B&Q and i am often needed to go out a deliver, and as delivery guys, you DONT have to wear your seat belt! Though i always do out of habbit!
think your wrong about the delivery guys. i know about the law for taxi drivers coz that is what i do. you do not have to wear your seat belt when you have passengers on board so that you can quickly come to their assistance. that is the law. it is another way of putting if anyone wants to beat the crap out of you then you can get out and run for your life but they are not allowed to say that. when the taxi is empty you must wear your belt just like everyone else