ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset (Xbox 360)

Tesla MP3 2021
Looking at getting some of these mainly for when I playing COD. I have looked at the 5.1 DD one's and the wireless ones but I cant justify speding that amount on some gaming headphone.

Anyone have these or used them, thoughts please???

Thanks

Motorbikes
Looks pretty good. There is a wiring diagram on Amazon. I'm quite tempted....wouldnt pay for a wireless one though.

Tesla MP3 2021
Looks pretty good. There is a wiring diagram on Amazon. I'm quite tempted....wouldnt pay for a wireless one though.

Yeah same here as they arent really 100% wireless as the talkback xbox live chat thingy still has to be connected to the bottom of the controller!!

5.1 DD would have been nice but I think I can manage without lol

421 Cammed 172
X3's are good mate, Sound quality is good and the Chat auto leveller is a nice feature.

Ive just broken a pair of X3's and i'm gettin the 31's for christmas. The X31s run on a different frequency so you'll get no interference (it was a problem with X3's) and the speakers have been made bigger.

Phuzion they're so you have the game loud in your ears and hear the direction of people coming behind you, hear the breifcase being opened on Search etc. They've been made famous by X-League TV and Gamebattles advertisements.

The chat also turns itself up as the game play gets louder so you can still hear what everyones saying. They're ideal if (like me) your neighbours/Mrs moan about how loud you have the TV.

Motorbikes
Is it pointless to buy the £40 one without 5.1dd? As said, if not much of an improvement then wouldnt bother.

421 Cammed 172
The X31's would be ok. Never had X1's so i can't comment on them. Where are you guys looking at getting them from?

421 Cammed 172
Nah, got slapped wrists and told to turn it down.

Broke the terms of my lease as was making excessive noise between the hours of 10pm and 7am.

Play do the X31s for £80 posted, dunno bout X1's, but they're about the cheapest i've found. You earn nectar points too if you go through the nectar website.

Motorbikes
Just got the X1, sack doubling the cost for the sake of a wire. Adam, I will report back on my findings once I have tried them.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
My bro bought some Astro's and got them shipped from the USA.. They are very good tbh imho :).

Tesla MP3 2021
Just got the X1, sack doubling the cost for the sake of a wire. Adam, I will report back on my findings once I have tried them.

Nice one, I have bought them aswell, from Game lol :eek:.

From the reviews I have read these are pretty decent and the microphone is alot better over live than the std xbox headset and the wireless xbox headset

Whats £40 between freinds anyway lol, I was spedning £20 on the new throat communicator so I have cancelled that order, waste of money that would have been lol!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I've been using some X1s for about 5 months - no complaints here. The only thing is that they are pretty bassy, takes a while to get used to. I couldn't justify paying £80 for 5.1, and got these on offer at gameplay for £35.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
u got it wired up right? there is a seperate volume for chat and i think u need to flick the mic switch over.

Motorbikes
It seems ok to me. Wired up correctly, can hear game sound, controller is plugged in for chat and green light is on, volume tried both ways but no difference. My mate can hear me plugging it in and out so?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
i think mine did that at first but i figured it out. is the volume cranked on the controller connector?

Motorbikes
Tried it at both extremes.

I find I need my tv volume to low so I dont hear it too. Perhaps the case?

Mazda 3 MPS
IIrc you need to go into the settings on your xbox and switch something to headset and speakers, (play through both) or something. That should solve your problem. I can't find the link now but there's defo a setting you need to adjust.

Motorbikes
Never got the original working, so sent back to the shop for a refund, and purchased a new one from Game. Then last week what arrived in the post.... a free upgrade to a wireless one form the original online shop!

Not used it yet, but the wired one is pretty good. Good sound quality and gaming chat is better IMO. Good length of cable, can lie in bed and use them, but my gawd do they get in the way. Easy to set up etc.

What to do with the wireless ones? Sell on and make a profit or sell the wired ones at say £30 used?

Mountune Tractor
I've got the P1's for the PS3 and they are immense, as they should be for £60!
My only complaint is that you do get a quiet crackle of feedback when using them but as soon as the game starts it disappears.