ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tv for the bedroom

So, I've failed. The old Sony TV, no matter how hard I try and how many different leads I try, will not work with my laptop as it doesn't have HDMI and the laptop doesn't have SVideo.

So in true "I've had enough" form, I've decided to buy a new TV.

I don't need a 50" all guns blazing TV as we have one in the living room, but I would like a decent with good picture. Sound is not a concern as I have a 5.1 surround system already.

Ideas? Plasma, LED, LCD all mean jack to me, so explanations would be great appreciated :eek:!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Really depends on your budget.

If you just want a cheap one thats decent I'd be looking at the budget 32" Samsung. Got mine about 4 years ago for the bedroom and its still spot on today.

Think this is the current model of mine, at less than half the price I paid too!

http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Samsung_LE32C450E1W_HD_Ready_LCD_TV_LE32C450E1WXXU/version.asp

Just got this for the dining room too: http://www.directtvs.co.uk/LG_32LD490_32_Inch_Freeview_HD_LCD_TV_32LD490/version.asp

Which so far is great for the money. The internet stuff is superb.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
panasonic all the way, picture quality is better than pretty much any other tv ive seen. i have a 50 inch panasonic G10 i think it is, which is like 2 years old and you can get for about £600 now, so a slightly smaller size would be in your budget nicely. its an extremely good tv, far better than my dads LED backlit LG tv etc. its what i would recommend. only issue is its plasma so temporary screen burn is an issue but i dont ever notice it

Cheers both. Going to pop in to Richer Sound later today to have a chat with them. The samsung looks good!

So the 37" LG is looking to be a good shout. Not bad price of £399. Seems to have everything... It's LED as well which the bloke suggested was the way to go...? Do we all agree on that??

Polo + Micra
the lg ld490 isn't led backlit so if the guy in richer sounds said it was he's telling fibs

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
So the 37" LG is looking to be a good shout. Not bad price of £399. Seems to have everything... It's LED as well which the bloke suggested was the way to go...? Do we all agree on that??

Not at all.
You can get good/bad LCD, good/bad LCD with LED backlight, and good/bad Plasma although I don't think you can get a new Plasma under 42" if not more so you wont be wanting one anyway.

Yeah the 42's really did look enormous. I've seen 50+ before but never in a small shop. Ott!!

The LG wasn't Te one above dink, it was the 37le4900.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm happy with my LG and will be replacing it with another LG.... Unless it's top dollar I've never been impressed with Samsungs for some reason.

LG 37" for £400 sounds like a good bet and generally the Richer Sounds staff know their stuff.