ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV picture too small through my Sky box

Peddled device
Since the 'change over' l can only use my Sky box to view channels. It was installed in 2004 so is an older model but seems to work fine. The Sky card has just expired so l have lost Channel 5 but l hardly watch TV so l am not subscribing to any provider. But when watching l notice that the picture is not fully visible...it is too narrow despite changing the usual settings on my TV (Wide,Smart etc) DVD's seem fine when playing.

How can l alter the set-up to see all the picture?

182FF with cup packs
Go into the settings section of the sjy box.

Under picture details there is a setting for the output size of the picture. It's probably set to 4:3 and you have a widescreen.

My mum got a sky+ box but has an older TV which isn't widescreen, so she had the opposite, it lost the left and right side of the pic and looked weird, changed output format to 4:3 and it was all good.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Some channels are still broadcast in 4:3. Your tv will be set to "smart" or "auto" or equivelant.. Set it to 16:9 and it won't