ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tweeter & Door woofer wiring HELP?!?!

Hey guys

I've got a 1.2 Dynamique and wanted some help with the audio system set up.

Since I got the car I have replaced my back two speakers with some generic pioneers which are pretty nice for the £40 i spent on them, then today I installed my new Sony Head unit with the intention of installing my stalk adapter and new Focal 130a Components (Tweeter, Woofer and crossover)

I took all the dash off and connected up my stalk adapted to the back of the clock and got that all working fine with the head unit, however after several hours of head scratching I could not for the life of me figure out how to install my new tweeters and woofers with the crossover.

I've heard that the tweeter has a built in cross over (Which i believe to be true after inspection today) so I expected the cabling to run directly from the loom to the tweeter then from there down into the doors, well that doesn't appear to be true which is causing me issues. The original plan was to cut the cable near the tweeter wire that down to the crossover and then feed two sets back (One for the tweeter one for the woofer).

Well I couldn't actually figure out where the cable from the door went :/ and if there only one set of cables coming from the head unit does this then split into two somewhere else sending one to the tweeter one down to the woofer??? HELP?!?

In the end I just installed my woofers and left it at that because I was quickly running out of daylight and it was pissing it down. It sounds 10x better than before but I feels like the woofers are now trying to handle highs and its not quite right.

Has anyone else installed crossovers? If so, HOW DID YOU DO IT?!?!?!!?

Advise welcome guys!