ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo 133 Help!!

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Hi All,

My sister's twingo 133 has just failed its MOT on account of the Cat being fooked. A replacement is nearly a grand as per typical Renault comedy prices. I have looked around for a sports cat but can't find any. Does anyone know if there is a place that does one please??

Cheers

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
K-tec Racing did a full engine back system and sports cat if I recall.

Last edited:

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Weird they don't seem to sell it separate from the full engine back exhaust any more? Perhaps give them a ring or email see what they say.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Will do thanks. Otherwise she is on about selling it which would be a massive shame.

PH2 172, Kangoo
I would have though any exhaust place worth their salt could weld a sports cat into an appropriate shaped piece of pipework for a fraction of the cost.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Spoke to Ktec today they only sell the whole engine back system which is the bast part of a grand. And they don't split it and even if they did it wouldn't fit the rest of the OEM exhaust so basically the same price as the Renault cat on its own. I'm amazed that nobody makes a sports cat for this car considering the amount of tuning parts available for everything else Renaultsport. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Spoke to Ktec today they only sell the whole engine back system which is the bast part of a grand. And they don't split it and even if they did it wouldn't fit the rest of the OEM exhaust so basically the same price as the Renault cat on its own. I'm amazed that nobody makes a sports cat for this car considering the amount of tuning parts available for everything else Renaultsport. Thanks for everyone's replies.

I'd go with the full ktec system then, at least in the future if ktecs sports cat fails it can be chopped out and a new one fitted by any custom exhaust shop. A grand and does it also need a remap?

Not cheap:down:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
8437265197_d979c4435b_c.jpg

bloody stupid design.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Find a custom exhaust place and im sure they will be cheaper than £1000.

There are some twingo 133s breaking on ebay, why not try them?

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
It still has a weeks MOT on it and I think she's gonna trade it in from speaking to her tonight, as unless your in love with your twingo spending a grand on a £4K car is just bonkers. Not like me who spends triple what the car is worth every year like a prized t**t

The c**k block who designed that exhaust needs P45ing immediately. Quality car too, 09 plate, 48k miles and in that light blue/grey colour.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It still has a weeks MOT on it and I think she's gonna trade it in from speaking to her tonight, as unless your in love with your twingo spending a grand on a £4K car is just bonkers. Not like me who spends triple what the car is worth every year like a prized t**t

The c**k block who designed that exhaust needs P45ing immediately. Quality car too, 09 plate, 48k miles and in that light blue/grey colour.
@ForceIndia 's idea has got to be the best one. Then sell it.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Thanks for everyone's replies. Will give her the options above and see what she says.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
How sure are you the cat is fooked?
Could it be misdiagnosed?
The mechanic we use is a friend of the family and he also MOT's all our cars. He has said it is failing the emissions tests. He has tried putting cleaner through it to see if that would work but to no avail. It is fubar'd matey. She is looking at Capturs today though so it can't have put her off Renaults too badly