ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre catching bumper bracket

Now my car is a lot lower, on track under hard cornering my tyre is catching the bracket which the front bumper attaches to.

I have no front arch liners as I have already removed them. I dont want to raise the front as the car has had the alignment and corner weighting done, and I also like the way it handles and looks.

I am planning on grinding back the brackets which I hope will alleviate the issue, the next step is to consider removing them all together - as my car doesnt seem to have a bolt there anyway. Has anyone done this?

The other point it seems to be catching is on a bulge in the arch. Unsure of the reason it being there, and if anything can be done with it?

Btw the black stuff you see there is mainly hammerite, but there are some rubber marks from where the tyre has caught.

Attachments

• 20180311_125804.jpg
    20180311_125804.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 20180311_125752.jpg
    20180311_125752.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 52
  172 Cup
As above, either bend up or cut off and use the popper retainers. The Busch can be fettled flatter with a nice hammer! Job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk