ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Choice - Opinions Needed

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, ive got it down to these 2, i wanna know which is the best, as there both the same price

Falken ZE 502

Eagle F1 GS-D2

i know the Eagle F1 are good, but what are the Falken like ?

particularly interested in wet performance, and good feedback of grip, dont want somethin like a Proxy which grips an grips then suddenly lets go

BMW 320d Sport

Eagle F1, there is no other choice. The only advantage that Falkens have is their profile is good for fitting into tight arches. Apart from that the Goodyears are ten times better in every way.

Ad

MK2 FRS

I have got 4 Goddyear F1 GSD3 yesterday. Got them from tyresave in St Helens. £104 a tyre fitted. I have to say they are awesome. I thought the Toyos were good. Dont know about the GSD-2 though.

I just got 2 new Goodyear GSD3s and they are fab....the falken ze502 is nowhere near as good as the goodyear....falken fk451 are good though

Ta

J

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by adtmits on 17 November 2002

I have got 4 Goddyear F1 GSD3 yesterday. Got them from tyresave in St Helens. £104 a tyre fitted. I have to say they are awesome. I thought the Toyos were good. Dont know about the GSD-2 though.
no way mate !, thats just up the road from where i live, and its also the tyre place i always use !

Ad

MK2 FRS

Theyre always the best for tyres. Have always used they. Ever spoke to the owner?? Got these at the good price cause the warehouse quoted them wrong and the owner made them honour the price. Hes a top bloke.

Recently got some new 17" BK eclipse wheels for my 172, they came with Falkens on - i wouldnt recomend them - very poor in the wet. Im definately going to replace them with Eagle F1s (even though its gonna cost a bomb!).

Anyone know of a cheap place to get some 215/40/R17 Eagle F1s from?

F1s over 502 anyday! If you are interested in WET performance then the F1 wins hands down against the 502s.

The Newer Falken 512s are slightly better in the wet than the 502s but not upto scratch when compared to the F1s.

Honda Civic Type R GT

The Goodyear Eagle F1s are superb! Gonna get 2 more for the back cos theyre so cheap at mytyres.net!

Regards,

Tommy.