ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
what does everyone think of hankook ventus sport k104s, they have better ratings than both PE2 and Eagle F1s?

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Daz_172 said:
whats the difference between the eagle f1 gs-d2 and the gs-d3???

The angle of the groves have changed just going by looks, imo the 2s are better.

RenaultSport clio 182
i can't believe so many people recommend the exalto's they gave me hardly any grip and would spin at high rev's since puttin t1-r's on they have doen wonders no high rev spinning and talk about stick to the road!!

RenaultSport clio 182
i can't believe so many people recommend the exalto's they gave me hardly any grip and would spin at high rev's since puttin t1-r's on they have doen wonders no high rev spinning and talk about stick to the road!!

182 Trophy No. 223
i went from eagle f1's to toyo t1-r's and teh difference was rediciliously good, i have got exaltos atm, they're like driving on ice, really dont like them!

Maybe many of us have always had them since getting a clio and are just "used" to them, or havent actually experienced any other tyres?

Just throwing ideas in the air!

RenaultSport clio 182
i agree i feel most people just vote for them because they r on their clio lets hope they can experience real tyres soon

Bennigin said:
i went from eagle f1's to toyo t1-r's and teh difference was rediciliously good, i have got exaltos atm, they're like driving on ice, really dont like them!
It could be that the exaltos are designed to be less grippy but more playful over the limit, therefore being more 'fun' to drive with instead of just being the stickiest tyre possible?
I agree that the F1s aren't quite so grippy in the dry as Toyos (T1-S is what I have at the moment, had F1's before this) but the F1s are amazing in the wet, nice and progressive when at and over the limit, whereas the Toyo's are, um, s**t once they let go... LoL

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had pirelli p6000's on my old 306 and found the grip pretty good .
Then on my old 172 mk2 the contis wore out on the front in 7.5k miles .
Then moved on to toyo proxes t1 -s's , grip in the dry was good , in the wet not as good as i hoped , crashed the car on a left hander ,lol
Then tried the toyo proxes t1-r's , felt the same as the t1-s's .
Just bought a new 182 with cup packs . WOW , what a difference in grip the exaltos give , more than happy with em so far :)

MrBillyUK !

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Always used GSD3's and sometimes Toyo T1-S

Got some Kleber Dynaxer DR's on my new alloys - seem ok so far, and also some of these D01Js to test out ASAP

c8_1_b.jpg

I've had all different types on my cars. I've had Eagle F-1S both GSD2's and GSD3's. The only difference with these tyres that i could find was the tread pattern. The both stuck to the road very well in both wet and dry conditions. I'm very fussy about the look of my cars so I use Long Life Rubber Tyre Dressing on them, With the goodyears you can really tell how soft the compound is, the rubber ends up being splatted up the side of the car. I then went to A539's on a 17" rim from a 15". The tyre width was 20mm greater on each wheel, so a 80mm improvement all round so I thought that the grip would have been even better. How wrong could I have been!!! They we awful. They lasted 4 days and then put T1-S's on. These were on a par with the goodyears but much cheaper. The compound is slightly harder so duration is up on the Goodyears.

Just fitted some T1-s's to my girlfriends 172 and the grip is a lot better and the road noise is greatly reduced. Toyos all the way for me. Best performance per pound!

I agree that Toyo's are pretty good value for money.

I think I'm going back to F1's next time though, especially if it's wet, but I'll probably run T1-S's over summer again this year. (was supposed to be swapping them back for the F1's this winter but never got round to it! lol)

No more clio's for me!
I replaced my front tyres a couple of weeks ago, totally skint so i had to go for budget verdistein dutch rubber, i must admit i was worried what they'd be like, but i must say i'm pleasently surprised. Not bad for 50 quid a corner!

A silver Honda
Daz_172 said:
what does everyone think of hankook ventus sport k104s, they have better ratings than both PE2 and Eagle F1s?
I have K102s and they are rather good i think!

I've not used them in heavy rain though.

172 Cup
Just bought some more contisports as the last 4 did 30,000 miles! Cant really grumble at that! didnt cost to much and im more than happy with them!

Weeman sucks ****
These PE2's beter be all they're cracked up to be, just ordered 4 after using Contisports since having the cup. As shark says, can't grumble at them.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
CHRIS172CUP said:
These PE2's beter be all they're cracked up to be, just ordered 4 after using Contisports since having the cup. As shark says, can't grumble at them.

You will love them...!

Bet you didnt get the 205's though cos of that boy racer suspension...!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
CHRIS172CUP said:
They better not, been assured they won't. Gary G?

Well you are in a low rider but hey when there fitted especially in the wett you will likey likey..:D

Chocolate Bar™
has anyone on here used the yoko avs sport tyres.

want some in 195/45/r15 for my car and wondered if these were as good as some websites claim. at 50quid a corner is anything else going to be a better bet?

they do look hellishly nice

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hello good morning, my questions is:
for my clio cup what do you recommend, pilot exalto 205/45 r16 or 195/45 r16?
thank you

Weeman sucks ****
Just had the 205 45 16's fitted and no rubbing yet but haven't given it any beans yet. Just driving home they feel pretty good but then I sampled them in my mates 182 cup at Bedford last saturday.

fiesta turbo/Golf 1.8t
Federal SS-595 .Has anyone used these? what are there like for handling wet/dry and do Federal SS-595 Tyre there wear well? Federal SS-595

Middo said:
has anyone on here used the yoko avs sport tyres.

want some in 195/45/r15 for my car and wondered if these were as good as some websites claim. at 50quid a corner is anything else going to be a better bet?

they do look hellishly nice

Yeah I was thinking about a set of these......anyone?.....Bueller?

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
a great place to get some reviews is http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres

I'm currently using Pirelli Pzero Nero, they seem to grip well in wet an dry, an allow me to put down a lot of power in the wet... But there life span aint the best i dont think...

Last edited: