ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Pressure

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
Hi,

i have just got alloys on my clio, they are 195/50/R15

what PSI should the front and back be???

In the renault book it says 185/50/R15 should be Front-28 Rear-26 shud that make a difference that my tyres are marginally wider ??

Cheers Matt

They're a bit low I reckon - maybe try 32 front 30 rear? A lot depends on how you like it though - try it on the recommended ones and see how they feel. Play on some roundabouts to see how they react when you change direction and brake, then pump them up to something like the above and go out again to see which you prefer. Then just play with them until you're happy :)

Generally set the rears a little softer than the front so you have more progressive breakaway.

Personally I'm running 32F/30R but they'll go up to 33/31 when the roads dry out more reliably!

edit: oh, and no real difference with regards to wider tyres / lower profile tyres!