ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre size

Will i have any problem putting phase 2 valver alloys with 185/55/15 tyres on to a 1.4 rt phase 1 mk 1, its lowered 35mm at front, not sure about rear its looks about 35mm lower as well? any rubbing or anything?

Thanks

Mine rubs like a swine.. on 195/50/15 on the inner bit of the arch - could be because my shockers are knackered, dunno.

Its definetly getting worse tho - I cant remember it ever scraping when I first got them on.. but Im sure it did.

Its on the rear.. front, it scrubbed on full lock on the inner arch guard - fixed by removing that.

It makes a line around the tyres yea - it damaged my old tyres more.. but that was before i got rid of some of the inner arch - now it just makes a really bad sound, heh.

Gunna put some new shockers on.. stiffer ones, see if it fixes it somewhat - think it might.

Inner lining, has to stay - its a double skinned arch. Arches pulled out, I guess.. but will look daft IMO.. heh.

Loads of people have Valver alloys on 195/45/15 and they dont rub at all - even with a car full.. its odd..

Maybe get some 195/45/15s and see how it is - I dont think my 195/50/15s are helping my cause.. haha.