ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres allways wear down!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
why do my tyres allways wear on the outside edge?is it from cornering too fast?i allways keep tyre pressure correct lol!

Mine's the same. Probably tracking out though. The nuts that adjust the tracking always seem to come loose on my car

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Nightfire said:
Mine's the same. Probably tracking out though. The nuts that adjust the tracking always seem to come loose on my car
mine arnt loose! but it does creeck alot since i had poly bushes put in!

Can always adjust mine by the fingers, even after locking them lol Local garage thinks it could be due to all the potholes around here.

If outside of tyres wear faster then if I remember from college then it means your car is toe-ing in, in other words your front wheels are like / \ and scrubbing on the outside.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
na i think mybe i go round round abouts nearly sideways lol! used to happen before i had coil overs(fk)and before i put 17"s on lol!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
wat the tyres? k-tec set up the fks so they should b ok! my mate said when he see me going down the road the tyres are bending off the rims! when i turn!

No more clio's for me!
What camber are you running on the fk's?? I get a little of extra wear on the inside edge on apex springs, really need to get some camber correcting bolts for mine! lol

anyways, did k-tec set the fks up with the 17"s on?

Golf GTI 1.8T
TheClioLad said:
if ya tyres are always wearing down it's because you rag the car too much. calm down mate, then your tyres will last longer.:D
he said the outer edge.......that down to a dodgy setup not the speed. youve been ripping it up round corners on 3 wheels steve?? lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine managed to chew a tyre in 1,000 miles, because i went from standard 14" wheels to 15" wheels and lowered it 60mm without getting the tracking checked (plus it was ex driving school so had smashed the kerb plenty of times)

its been fine since the trackings been done, get it checked out

oh and 260bhp through the front wheels might be contributing to it!

Lionel Richie
stevo172-250 said:
wat the tyres? k-tec set up the fks so they should b ok! my mate said when he see me going down the road the tyres are bending off the rims! when i turn!

well they either haven't been setup properly then, or something is fairly wrong!

You need to get the suspesion adjsuted then to how you drive my car setup to the manurfacturer recomendation and its always wearing the outside of the tyre.