ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Hi

I've got a set of semi slicks on 15" 2118's looking for some road/wet tyres for the 16" ones, i'm thinking Toyo R1R's, has anyone got any other suggestions?

Also, wheres the best place to buy tyres

Thanks

try blackcircles or camskill.. im running T1r's on the front of my cup at the minute and iv got 2 say i carnt w8 for them 2 wear out as the sidewall is far 2soft under hard cornering.. i previously had Eagle F1's on and thought they wer'nt that good at the time but now i think they were a far better tyre

Clio 172
They are awesome in the dry and wet mate. I ordered some more from camskill yesterday for the front of mine.

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
I just got an email from the guy that's building my car, he's bought the R1R's, i'll try these next

Just about to get 4 new tyres and came across this thread.

I'm going for rainsport 2's. Is the 195/45/16 size ok, my exaltos are 205.

Thanks

Listerine & Poledo
Not tried Rainsports, but everyone gfives them good shouts on here.

My own experiences make me lean towards Contisports or Goodyears... F1's or NCT's if you prefer water-displacement over outright summer grip

Any reason why the 195's were recommended above?
Just a price thing?

No idea, I would guess price may play a small factor although I'd assume it's pretty negligible.

In all honesty I think you will notice no difference in day to day driving. 205's do offer slightly more rim protection for any "hairy" parking moments, however if you are low then you may want the 195's as the minor stretch on the 182 wheel offer a small amount of extra clearance...

I swapped from 195 back up to 205 and have noticed no difference other than the RS2's offer ten times the previous grip!! Both fit fine, just personal preference...