ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uch control unit

Renault clio
Hi, can anyone help, I've got a renault Clio 2002 and the wipers don't work, after abit of investigating I've found out its because of the uch control unit, can anyone recommend where I can get a new one and get it reprogrammed, as the main dealer is quoting me silly money! Many thanks

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V
Happy new year guys!
There are quite a few threads about uch and did not want open a new one, hope it is ok.
A friend of mine asked me to get him a UCH for his clio, which is mk2 ph2 2004 1.4 16V. I have got the part number 8200621762.
The only place i have found the uch on ebay, but there is the tricky part. The ads on ebay is for 1.2 v8 see the link below
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-...h=item56bd07c134:g:RVEAAOSwfgRcGQuY:rk:2:pf:0

Now my question is, that is it ok to buy that uch as it states it is for a 1.2 v8?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The ecu, key and uch are matched so wont work unless you swap immobiliser chip from old uch. Get the old one repaired or buy a full set to suit the correct engine.

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V
The ecu, key and uch are matched so wont work unless you swap immobiliser chip from old uch. Get the old one repaired or buy a full set to suit the correct engine.
Ok I see, so it means there is no other way like using clip to reprogram the secondhand uch?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As far as im aware you can only program a virgin uch with clip to suit another ecu/immobiliser. I guess if you had key to suit uch you could get somewhere to reset the ecu immobiliser, but still most likely cheaper to buy a working full set.

Clio II ph1 1.6 16V
As far as im aware you can only program a virgin uch with clip to suit another ecu/immobiliser. I guess if you had key to suit uch you could get somewhere to reset the ecu immobiliser, but still most likely cheaper to buy a working full set.

Thanks for your reply, i have spoken to him and let him decide which route he goes.