ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uh oh...(Palm Pre vs iPhone

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
looks good. does it do flash though?

is the new update for the iphone going to give us flash?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
According to what i've read, it won't support flash at launch but its going to be added in an update.

As for the phone itself, as said, the keyboard looks to be a joke and the OS doesn't look as slick and seamless as the Iphones does, it looks a nice alternative though for all the iphone haters out there. Its smaller but i'm not sure if thats a good thing or not, the iphone imo is just big enough, if it was any smaller it'd be difficult to use the touchscreen effectively imo.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Pre is looking very good, lots of videos demonstrating the UI on YouTube. If I cannot upgrade to the new iPhone early with o2 then the Pre should be due for release at the end of my existing contract and will definitely be considered.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The Pre is looking very good, lots of videos demonstrating the UI on YouTube. If I cannot upgrade to the new iPhone early with o2 then the Pre should be due for release at the end of my existing contract and will definitely be considered.

Pre is released next month so i don't see what difference that makes? O2 have got the exclusivity rights to sell the palm pre like they did with the iphone too.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not in the UK it ain't.

Its a CDMA phone for now so you couldn't even use a US version here.

Skoda
Whilst watching the champions league via slingbox on my iPhone tonight I thought...... Is there a point in any other phone

B

Brown.

^ iphone with a keyboard?.........i phones are great, but they are just not aimed at people who type :(..... kills me that i can't get one, i would get too frustrated with the keyboard......and comments about 'watching ***** via sling box on my iphone' just rub salt in the wound :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
The UK launch details are to be announced next week, July 7th. o2 are said to have won the rights to the Pre.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Having used a pre recently i feel i made the right decision.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
i'm not sure on this, unless it gets the level of following and application development that the Iphone got, its going to be nothing ground breaking. Thats what has made the iphone what it is, the applications.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I can't see me ditching my iPhone for a Pre, it will take a very special smartphone to drag me away from Apple.

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
i'm not sure on this, unless it gets the level of following and application development that the Iphone got.

Which it won't, the dev tools will be crap in comparison to the iPhone and apple already had a massive online store that they leveraged to provide a decent distribution model.