ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uk price for nintendo wii?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Anyone know how much it is going to be?

I read on bbc news it was going to be about 135 quid in japan.

I doubt it will be that cheap in the uk though.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I'm hoping it's going to be sub £150. Wasn't there an announcement saying it wont be above $199? This being the case, £135 might not be too far off the mark, but the UK is well known for getting raw deals as it often works out pounds for dollars, which at an exchange rate of nearly $1.90 to the £1 sucks big style! :(

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've been cruising the nintendo.co.uk forum (their forum sucks as it is all little kids pwning each other...) and it i can't find anything that gives me any decent info bout it. I can't preorder on play.com either... hmmm, may just have to wait a bit longer!

We don't even have an official launch date yet do we? It's all getting a bit tight with Christmas just around the corner.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah it sure is.

I read there is ment to be a 'big' announcement by nintendo this month.

Revels Mum & Sister
I reckon either

£149.99
£169.99
£174.99

One of those 3. Dont really care whatever the price I am snapping one up. Cant wait for it it :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I want one so much! it looks so good! Plus the downloadable old skool nintendo games... :D :D

W

WrongJohn

Funny how we all said this about the Gamecube.

Then 6 people bought it.

Regards
John

WrongJohn said:
Funny how we all said this about the Gamecube.

Then 6 people bought it.

Regards
John

Sold pretty much the same as the XBox for the majority of its life, never quite sure why people assume the GC bombed. It actually made a profit for Nintendo as well, unlike Sony and Microsoft's offerings.

As has been said by many above, I will too be getting a Wii very early in its life, looks awesome. And not just Nintendo back catalogue titles seb, they've signed Mega Drive and some other catalogues for it too.

Lee

BMW M2C
They have said it will be released on the 24th of November priced at £149.00 and there won't be any stock shortages.

ff 182
so there we have it .you can buy a 360+ a nintendo+games and still have change for a beer...all for the price of 1 ps3!!...good price that for the wii just hope the release date is on time

R26
iirc there is going to be a press conference in New York regarding the release date for the Wii on the 14th of this month. We'll get it about the same time or a bit later than the US. The price should be comparable to - iirc looking at $200/£150.....

Will be getting one on release day in black to match my DS Lite.

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah, the official announcement is to be on the 14th. MCV are a pretty reliable source though.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Hmm

£179.99

08/12/06

Thats the 8th December for you yanks ;)

£180!!! Stuff that. I was hoping for £135 :(

Renault Clio1.2Versailles
yup mike's right! i always thought i'd get a 360, but me bro has one, and i aint too impressed. want a ps3 but the wii looks interesting?! hmmm..