ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unleaded or Super whats yours drink

Clio 172 Cup!
Right I have been running my 172 cup on super unleaded IE 98-99 Ron is it OK to run these cars on normal unleaded or will it cause knock IE detonation!

Thanks Alan!!

GW200 FF
my 182 cup never gets anything other than Shell Vpower, noticed better MPG since using it and has never caused a problem. However its creeping back to 1.12 a litre here :(

Clio 172 Cup!
£1.12 Thats the thing :dapprove: I have been using V-Power and Tesco's Ron but the crap Bp in my town are at 1.19 for super robing git's! :mad:

Clio 172 Cup!
So what! I wanted most up to date views on it! :rasp: Think I will stick to V-power then still no news if they lean out on Unleaded!

1998 BMW e46 323i
95 ron cheapo petrol here. never had a problem with it. have tried higher rons in the past, can't notice any real difference other than price.

53 Clio's & counting
So what! I wanted most up to date views on it! :rasp: Think I will stick to V-power then still no news if they lean out on Unleaded!

lol they are up to date views mate this is covered about 3 times a week, some people will say use super, some say it will make no difference, and there is no preference between all the big players ( v power, tesco 99 etc) its all down to your personal preference

53 Clio's & counting
Lol! Russ! Just goes to show times are hard! I get my coat! :quiet:

Lol, its down to what you want mate, it will run on 95 without problem, personally i use super, only on the base that we spend £££££ modding our cars with the best parts, why skimp and use inferior fuel, yes your not going to notice a huge difference on super but its better for your engine and you get better mpg (i know this as iv tested it ) so the 'saving' you make is never really justified anyway

Evo
V-powers just gone from 97RON to 99RON, what more reason do you need lol?

Not sure about 182s, but the 197 is meant to be run on 98 or higher.

Clio 172 Cup!
Nice One lads will stick to the 99Ron then I all ways ran the scooby on it too! but only got 15mpg Lol These Clio sports are wicked on juice so still saving £60-70 a week even on V-power! :D

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Yeah I run V-Power to @ £1.12, deffinatly noticed the MPG is better, getting an average of 35.5 at the moment. It runs allot better, but if you gonna switch from the normal porpers stuff to V power, you wont notice it with one tank, the changes in the ecu happen over time.

BMW M135I
Yeah I run V-Power to @ £1.12, deffinatly noticed the MPG is better, getting an average of 35.5 at the moment. It runs allot better, but if you gonna switch from the normal porpers stuff to V power, you wont notice it with one tank, the changes in the ecu happen over time.

i get that mpg on standard 95 ron but i do notice for some reason that when i use any 97-99 ron and then go back to normal unleaded mixed with it, i get better mpg than i do just using any one of them on there own

Weird i know :S

320d
At the minute i'm using 95ron. There are mixed opinions on it though, If I got the car mapped for 98 ron then i'd obviously use that but as my car's engine is standard apart from a stealth i'm happy with 95ron.

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
i get that mpg on standard 95 ron but i do notice for some reason that when i use any 97-99 ron and then go back to normal unleaded mixed with it, i get better mpg than i do just using any one of them on there own

Weird i know :S

Good...but I have a lead foot and a fatastic country road ont he way to work which requires nice gear drops and over taking :)

200 Gordini
Vpower ALWAYS! I do a 7 mile trip to get to the petrol station though

It'll get a lucazade after a good b road blast

PH1 172 Sport
When i first got mine the previous said he had always run it on regular unleaded and never had any problems. It come with a full tank so i used it and averaged 32mpg most of which were motorway miles so i wasn't canning it around everywhere!

i started to use v-power and the MPG crept up very slowly over a few weeks doing the same trip everyday and has stayed in the low 40's top 30's depending on how i drive the car. So all i can assume is that the cleaning properties of the fuel gave the engine a good clean combined with the extra mpg that V-Power provides. I only use normal fuel if i get caught out and can't find a shell station but even then I only put a little in!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
95 even though its mapped for 98, seems fine though, ill put 98 in if im doing Pod/Track day/RR day etc.

Ph1
95 even though its mapped for 98, seems fine though, ill put 98 in if im doing Pod/Track day/RR day etc.

Why have it mapped spacifically to run 98 and then run 95? Are you not asking for trouble ? :eek:

Price of fuel is expensive but imo its stupid buying a hot hatch and feeding it with sub standard fuels. Ask the majority of garages. Crap fuels and low grades is a bad idea.
Its like a Ferrari owner replacing his wheels for 14'' steelys with re-moulds.

If you cant afford the food, dont buy the dog ;)

172 Cup
I have only had the 172 Cup a couple of weeks and have filled up with V power everytime. I have been getting 42 mpg and the car runs very smooth, so I will be sticking with it :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Why have it mapped spacifically to run 98 and then run 95? Are you not asking for trouble ? :eek:

Price of fuel is expensive but imo its stupid buying a hot hatch and feeding it with sub standard fuels. Ask the majority of garages. Crap fuels and low grades is a bad idea.
Its like a Ferrari owner replacing his wheels for 14'' steelys with re-moulds.

If you cant afford the food, dont buy the dog ;)

The RS Tuner map im running is mapped for 98 like nearly all of them, but its hardly the same as putting 14's on a Ferrari :) Its not like im running a highly tuned engine so doubt it would make sweet fa difference you freek cam boy :D

Also my car cost nothing as I swapped it and its worth f**k all :)

Coupe/Defender V8
BP ultimate or V power only here .. Like has been said whats the point in getting the most out of the bus if you're gonna give it tescos value squash. 35mpg average is acceptable for me - any less than 25 and i'd have to reconsider!

Worth noting that I do drive mine quite hard so I find 35 pretty impressive with cams

Ph1
The RS Tuner map im running is mapped for 98 like nearly all of them, but its hardly the same as putting 14's on a Ferrari :) Its not like im running a highly tuned engine so doubt it would make sweet fa difference you freek cam boy :D

Also my car cost nothing as I swapped it and its worth f**k all :)

PMSL @ freek cam boy. Was looking to change the user name aswell. You might o nailed it for me there bud ;):cool:

At the end of the day its each to their own but garages do nowt but moan about cheap fuels and lower grades and the damage they cause so there must be something in it :)

Worth a watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHwCWdrtdg&NR=1

Clio 172 Flamer
V-Power through and through. My Import Impreza ran like a bag of shite on anything else but, so there must be something good in it. :)