ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unmodding my new Yozza

Racing Blue 182
Hi all,

I'm after some advice, basically I have bought a Yozza recently and it had been modified to fit a decat that they made themselves (badly). I have fitted this and it sounds OK, but I can't help but think (from listening to videos of other Yozza's) that this decat is ruining the sound of it!

So, this is my original thread where it was first pointed out that it was modded:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?673820-Is-this-a-Yozza

How I gather they have modded it is they have welded a flange on the end of the centre section to fit a decat that has flanges on either end! Here is a pic of the end of the centre section:

image-2_zps2d3d703a.jpg
[/IMG]

Apologies for the rubbish pic but I took it when it was still wrapped up. Now, I want to put the cat back on as it was brand new a few months ago and its a waste, and I think the decat is crap! After looking at jesus' unmodded system in the for sale section it doesn't look like it has any connection on the end of the centre section, just the end of the pipe (found here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?672737-182-Yozzasport-cat-back-exhaust-amp-decat). So my question is, can I just cut the flange off (as a figure of speech, I know it'll be more difficult than that)!???

My mechanic friend things that I need a whole new centre section if I wanna do that! But I am adamant that jesus' doesn't look like it has a special connector! Now am I being blind and there is some sort of special connection or not? And if there isn't, what will I need to make it fit?

Sorry I don't know much and am trying to make it make sense to people that do lol. Thanks for reading! Any help would be appreciated!

Racing Blue 182
You could buy a new flange and weld that to your cat. Which is what I'd do if it were mine tbh
Thanks for the reply! Really? Wouldn't that be a difficult/annoying job to do? I just thought that they had just stuck that flange on the end and I could get rid of it and fit to the cat? I wouldn't know how to find one that's the right size etc.

There's something about modding things that don't need to be modded, so obviously I would like to avoid modding my near enough brand new cat just to make up for someone's stupid bodge! I just like things like exhausts to be standard, must be my OCD :eek:

I spose I could do that if there really is no way of saving it!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Yozza system's have flanges on all of the joins, I can't see your pics but I'm guessing someone has bought a de-cat with a sleeve flange on there and modified the centre accordingly. What I would say if you are going to weld a flange on there, is make sure you make it the correct length otherwise the tailpipes wont sit properly or the backbox.

There is an olive join at the end of the centre section, this fits into the olive on the standard CAT. IMO, buy a new centre section form Fred, that way it wont cause you any grief in the future.

Racing Blue 182
Oh, I see it now! Thanks Jon. Dam, was hoping to not have to get a new centre section, but that's what Fred suggested originally suggested! I am so far away from them though, and wouldn't even know about how to order etc.? :eek:

The original olive joint is s**t and keeps leaking. I would do what dan said and weld a flange onto the cat.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Oh, I see it now! Thanks Jon. Dam, was hoping to not have to get a new centre section, but that's what Fred suggested originally suggested! I am so far away from them though, and wouldn't even know about how to order etc.? :eek:
Call fred 07769712624 he'll be happy to help.

Racing Blue 182
Thanks. I just don't know whether to bodge it again, or sort it out properly which could cost loads :( I'm thinking ahead for MOTs and maybe if I sell the exhaust in the future, it will sell better if it isn't modded!

Have a search on here for the cat mod as well. Not ideal but would solve the problem from my understanding.

Basically a straight pipe welded to the cat to widen the exit to the same width as the yozza (2.5" iirc) then the end of the yozza centre pipe chopped to match. The join can then be sleeved.

Any good exhaust place should be able to provide this solution.