ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Up close with a Red kite.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Well.. After 2-3 month of watching these birds i managed to get within 6ft of a red kite.. who was more than happy to pose for me. Heres two of the best shots i have.

I took 54 photos before he flew too far for me to follow..

RedKiteHeadshot.jpg

RedKitePosing.jpg

C&C welcome.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Cheers guys! It's an amazing bird to watch, this was a young one but still towered over me when it took off.

I'd love to do this for a living tbh..!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Wow these are good, i never normally comment on any of the photography on here, just look, but these have really caught my eye! Would love a high res to have as my bkground!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Cheers guys!

Taken with my canon 20d and a sigma 70-300mn.

He let me get right below him! I will post more tomorrow.

Robbos I can sort a high res version if you like? Il just need to sharpen it a bit.

Mk2 ph1 clio
LOL thats what someone posted the first time i got photos of a red kite.

This fella wasnt bothered about me taking photos of him! Went back out today to see if i could get the same experience in better light.. unfortunatly no such luck! Heres a couple more photos from yesterday!

RedKitestaring.jpg

RedKiteevilstare.jpg