ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updated Impreza WR1 Pics

Golf R soon...
EVO all the way for me to be honest! Never been a fan of Impreza's....

...Ah Hell! Course I love it! I would have one anyday!

182trophy & Williams
sex on wheels

whats it like compared to the P1, handling, power etc? worthy step up?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I keep looking at these in the vein hope that they plummet to around £5k.

:( No such luck.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers guys, and Gary, that front end de-tango job took over an hour! :eek: Worth it though.

sex on wheels

whats it like compared to the P1, handling, power etc? worthy step up?

Handling feels a bit heavier than the raw P1, but then that was a 2 door. So the WR1 is a bit stiffer and feels much more solid and well built. You can plod along at whatever speed feeling much safer, not only person wise, but also engine wise, too, and everything associated with it.

Both the P1 and now the WR1 are pushing around 350bhp, and like I've said, the standard 0-60mph is around 4.25s in the WR1 and 4.66 in the P1. They are both bloody quick, but then the P1 felt insane as it uses a different turbo, so it was just like a kick in the back when it spooled up. This made it feel rapid when accelerating. The WR1 turbo is far more progressive. You can still feel the surge clearly, but not as harsh as the P1. It also pulls a lot harder and can take a deeper breath and hold it for longer. Andy Forrest said he was very impressed with it when he remapped it last year, which was nice :cool:

I only sold the P1 because the miles were building up (it was on 52k) and I felt if I didnt sell when I did, I wouldnt have got anywhere near what I wanted in the future. Still miss the P1, it was the best car I've ever owned, but for completely different reasons I love the WR1, as it is much more what I need at the moment than the P1 could be. :approve:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I keep looking at these in the vein hope that they plummet to around £5k.

:( No such luck.

They will never plummet to £5k Dan, there's less than 500 of them left. Same with the P1. However, some of them are reet cheap at the moment. The car market prices have proper crashed, which is good for buyers but awful for sellers.

I'm waiting on the Golf Edition 30 coming down to £10k... Never gonna happen either! :eek:

Petrol Blue 182.
one of the nicest colours for a car IMO, saw one the other day around my area, i jizzed needless to say