ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade My Ice

Im going to upgrade the ICE in my clio mk2 ph1 at rhe moment it hasent got and rear speakers the holes and the wires are there and wondered if i should get some 6x9's on the parcel shelf or some componet speakers in the original holes ive seen 2 way and 3 way ones and wondered what would be the best also is it worth amping them. any advice would be helpfull.

cheers

there is a thread posted by lagerlout1 in this forum which gives good advice on upgrading 6x9s

i recommend reading it

Monaro VXR
Best sound stage is Set of components preferably amped up front with a sub in the boot. Speakers on the parcel shelf just muddy the sub and take quality away from the setup. Also 6x9's are fairly loud usually and listening to more sound from behind you musical wise isnt particularly good for quad quality and the audio stage.

Get a good set of components up front adn an amp for them and a sub and if you want some real fill just run some 6 x 9's off the headunit for when someones is in the back if you need to just dont want them being so loud they over power the fronts.