ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading to xenons?

Clio
Hi all, so basically I bought myself an 07 Clio Campus Sport (I know a lot of people don't really like the Campus but I do tbh) just before Christmas and am in the process of upgrading the lighting - so far I have changed interior light, boot light, number plate light and side lights to SMD LED's.

I would like to change my headlights to some 6000k HID's but I've been doing some reading up and there's a lot of results in regards to MOT failures, projector headlights, reflective headlights, self-leveling lights and washer jets. It's CONFUSING me so much!

I originally intended to keep my standard headlight housing and just upgrade the bulbs with a HID kit, but I'm not sure if it's even legal to do so. I've just purchased some 28 SMD LED Sidelight bulbs which are supposedly a 6000k colour match for HIDs from AuroraBulbs.

25asxoo.jpg

So these are my headlights atm, with the side light fitted.
Can anyone give me any suggestions on what route to take to upgrade to HIDs please?

Thanks for any help!
- Also, why do my pictures keep rotating when I attatch them to my post?

330i. E30 Touring.
Just buy a set of 172/182 Xenons, and change the sidelight bulbs.

Plug and play.

Clio
Just buy a set of 172/182 Xenons, and change the sidelight bulbs.

Plug and play.
Haha well that was a simple enough answer!
When you say it's plug and play;

I'm assuming if I buy the 172/182 Xenons it will come with ballasts and whatever else is needed?
Is it legal to fit them without headlight washers?
Will they work with the headlight level adjuster (don't know it's technical name)?

Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I'm getting the right stuff and it'll all be legal.

Edit; also what about light beam scatter and stuff - there's just so many technical terms to understand haha. thanks againn for any help.

I want prettier haha!
If I'm being honest I was considering getting some angel eyes but so many people hate them on here haha :/

Do as you want - it's your car. But angel eyes look s**t imo.

But as mentioned, get the whole kit. Ie headlight units , ballasts , ignitors etc and it'll all replace your current setup. Don't worry about the washer jets most remove them anyway

Clio
Where would the best place be to source the whole kit?
Do as you want - it's your car. But angel eyes look s**t imo.

But as mentioned, get the whole kit. Ie headlight units , ballasts , ignitors etc and it'll all replace your current setup. Don't worry about the washer jets most remove them anyway

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how strict your MOT place is.

Fitting the 1*2 xenons is plug and play BUT! Technically you should also fit the washer jets and the self levelling mechanism that sits on the rear axle.

Then again its such an easy job to swap back to your standard ones for your MOT that I would just keep the old ones in the shed and put them back in for MOT

I say its easy but that's because I never put any screws/bolts back in my bumpers on any of the mk2 Clio's I've had. The clips themselves are more than enough so ripping the bumper off to swap them is a quick job.

MkII PhaseII 172
This is my first post, so hopefully I don't seem like too much of a newbie. Can anyone please provide links to kits they have on their cars if anyone has any. Looking to swap mine over but don't want to risk buying a crappy set.