ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated front ARB

Cup In bits
Just searching to see if there's a universal one that could be mounted on the chassis rails and came across remote control car ones FFS lol.... Mental.

Its something I'm going to look into when I get going but it will just be a bar from another car bodged in with custom drop links, something easier to remove and fit for the rain.

I'd be looking at upping spring rate over ARB for a track car any day. Also, pretty sure altering damper bump (firmer) will give more noticeable effect on the road than bigger ARB at the front, presuming sharpenning up the transient handling is the goal, if that's your aim? Otherwise why????

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
I'd be looking at upping spring rate over ARB for a track car any day. Also, pretty sure altering damper bump (firmer) will give more noticeable effect on the road than bigger ARB at the front, presuming sharpenning up the transient handling is the goal, if that's your aim? Otherwise why????

As Tom said, easy to change roll stiffness without touching springs. I have fixed rate Bilstein dampers and that's why I would like one.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on cooksports. They're great on the road, ride height is a happy medium. I've got a whiteline arb on the back. It would be nice to have a similar upgrade on the front.

Fair enough on a fly-off operated system... (which must be £££) but on a fixed/blade-adjustable ARB uprated vs springs I'm inclined to think that its easier just to find the right spring. no??

Cup In bits
Fair enough on a fly-off operated system... (which must be £££) but on a fixed/blade-adjustable ARB uprated vs springs I'm inclined to think that its easier just to find the right spring. no??

Is there such a thing as right spring rate for wet and dry though?? Front and back adjustable ARB's give you the biggest bridge between a soft and hard setup without changing rates or geometry (very important to a club racer without geo equipment track side)

Cup In bits
Yeah but you would be removing the standard one so ideally it would range from slightly stiffer than oem to a lot softer.

I plan to detach my ARB in the wet due to the mental poundage on my suspension.

Cup In bits
Adjustability is what interests me without disconnecting the original, I'll see how it feels come time before I get involved. Disconnecting the ARB was a trick that some teams used to do in the Cup racers, not sure if it was legit.

Cup In bits
You just leave it connected on the inside and cable tie it out the way of the wishbones.

Edit: just clicked ;) Its bed time