ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT 3.5K idle hellppp

3 Series touring
hi,
my cousin's Mk2 ph1 has just had a new starter motor, but we still needed to bump start it (new ish battery though:S)
when we finally get it started, it idles at 3,500 rpm

any ideas?? help would be much appreciated.

thankyou

225 powered mk2
Mine did this once, i just disconnected the battery for like 5 mins then reconnected it, was fine then. you could try that 1st?

Clio 182
Idle control valve possibly if the above doesnt work, i believe you can remove it and give it a clean with abit of carb cleaner

Clio
Its the butterfly valve, which is a common fault on a mk2 ph1 they tend to stick sometimes.
this happen to my one, leave it running for ten min, then turn off the car, turn it on again. it should be back to normal idle.

I would take it to a garage and get them to sort it.

R.I.P Clio
Hi I posted this but no one answered...

Hi Guys, Bit worried :dapprove:

The past couple of days when i start up the clio it revs to like 3.0 on the dial then drops to normal, then it starts revving up and down between 1.75 - 2.0 on the dial when idle and in neutral! Also while looking under the bonnet i noticed my water level swells up an down in time with the engine revs :(

Has anyone else had any similar problems, or most importantly is my Clio Funked?!

Any Ideas?

Let me know please guys

thanks

PEACE

R.I.P Clio
I havent got a clue to be honest

Im gonna try disconnectin the battery if that doesnt work ill hit up a garage on monday :(

thanks

M

mini-valver

Sounds like an inlet air leak. Check you havent knocked the brake servo hose off when you've changed the starter motor.