ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent advice please

Whilst driving in either 1st or 2nd gear, Im finding that when I press on the accelerator that the car lags/jurks, its not driving smooth.

then an orange electric light comes on. If i rev the car and hold it on a higher rev for about 3 seconds the electric light disappears.

Then when I get to traffic lights and stop, the orange electric light comes on again, as well as the battery light and suddenly my car switches off.

also now when im on idle, the rev counter just moves up and down itself and my exhaust it just OOOOoing and arrrring.

This is weird.

btw (I have just replaced the battery).

Is this a known electrical fault? is it the alternator? or could it be just a sersor thats either dirty or needs replacing? or could it be due to dodgy petrol maybe, which could be causing my car to jurk whilst driving.

Will the renault dianostic computer be able to find the problem for me?

:(

Hope much, if you know the problem would cost me to fix.

I want to get it sorted before Friday.

Thanx

Last edited:
  mk4 golf gttdi180
i think its somet to do with the throttle body the best thing to do is get it diagnosed . actually it could be the coil pack. does it sound like its missing?

LY V6 with Recaros
I find that mine jerks a bit when cold and first change through the gears. Any cure to this??

1.6 16v
Sound wired jay! i think ur best bet is to get it hooked up to the dianostic computer to see if they can find the problem!

Steve

im not technically minded on engines, so I dont have a clue. :(
is the coil pack a big problem to fix? thats if it is the problem

btw, could my piperx air filter be causing it problems?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
^1.2 16v's dont have accelerator cables, there fly by wire, only the 1.2 8v's are cable^^

first thing to try is cleaning the throttle body since its free to do it, if that doesnt solve it then it sounds like the coil pack, im on my 3rd one now £60 i think they cost from renault when i bought the last 2.