ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP NEEDED ELECTRICS NOT WORKING

Mk5 golf gti
i have just fitted a new sony headunit i got yesterday.which i have done a dozen times with no problem.but today i checked everything worked before fitting in properly which everything did work.but then when i disconnected the unit and fitted the cage then the headunit back in.the headunit wouldnt work and my climate control wouldnt work either :dead: and no clock showing up on the display on top of the dash.please help as im stuck and dont have the money for an auto electrician.have i blown something or knocked out a wire?? i cant see but i dont know what to look for

thanks in advance

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think you may have checked a wire with the cage. Remove and have a good gander?

Mk5 golf gti
as far as i can see there is no damaged wires or something come disconnected.the cage is only a short ssony one so when ive pinned it back it hasnt caught any wires.i took the panel out underneath climate control an theres no loose/damaged wires there :S
whats the verdict then.that i keep looking for a damgaged wire??

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Strange one, maybe you have tugged a wire, that can blow a fuse quite easy,
the panel is at the side of dash just pops off, worth having a look through them aswell.

Mk5 golf gti
yea i thought that bur sureley it wouldnt cause climate control to go out too :S
ill have a look now

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of fuses/wires run of each other especially since they are so close to each other.

Mk5 golf gti
ahh no fuses have gone either :dead:
this is driving me mad :(
does anyone know if theres a wire thats going to connect
1.dash clock diplay
2.cd player
3.climate control
this must be some sort of power cable that ive disconnected/damaged
because all these turn on simultaneously on ignition
i presume :S

Mk5 golf gti
ahh yes ive fixed it :D managed to work out it had to be a fuse.and even though ive been through them once when i went through them again the last one i checked (as always)
had blown
think it was for electric mirrors
pretty mad how it caused all that :p
i dont mind im happy now
thanks guys

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah cool mate, glad you got it sorted. :)

Hope we were some help.