ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Misfire Advice Needed Please

Black Clio 172
Hi there,

I have recently had a problem with my lambdas/cat which brought up the usual emissions light. Gradually the car has developed a misfire. I was hoping changing the lambdas/cat would fix the problem but in the usual manner the 172 has other ideas.

I have a misfire on cylinder 2 or 3. My mechanic thinks think is probably a spark plug/lead/coil pack. Is this a likely diagnosis?

Craig

Black Clio 172
Oh i forgot to say that the plugs were last changed by a trader seller (probably not the required brand!) 4 years ago (33K miles). Are they due in any event?

02' PH1 172
could be many things. Start with the leads and the plugs, then the coilpack and some of the sensors and then injectors

j26

Clio 197
i have a set of injectors sat doing nothing with the fuel rail, if u need them send me a pm, they have come out of a 172 that has done 73k and are still in good working condition
i bought them off a lad off here to try for same problem but found it made no difference to the engine misfire so this shows the injectors are good
i bought them for £40 delivered so if you do need them let me know and i will do them same price for you.

02' PH1 172
i have a set of injectors sat doing nothing with the fuel rail, if u need them send me a pm, they have come out of a 172 that has done 73k and are still in good working condition
i bought them off a lad off here to try for same problem but found it made no difference to the engine misfire so this shows the injectors are good
i bought them for £40 delivered so if you do need them let me know and i will do them same price for you.

So what did your misfire end up being?

j26

Clio 197
still dont know, just sold the injectors!
im going to just try another set of ht leads tomorrow from renault as i found a split in the bottom of the ht lead where it pushes onto the spark plug and also had a small amount of white dust (best way i can explain it) and its the only new thing i havent tryed yet

02' PH1 172
sux. I think this is the worst problem to have on the clio.. the misfire.. works on my tits trying to figure out whats wrong

Black Clio 172
It appears all is well with the car following a new set of injectors/fuel rail and coil pack thrown in for good measure. Leads and sparks are still in good condition. No errors on the diagnostic!!! I even got a free RS stamped lower inlet manifold thrown in as it was going in the bin. Fingers crossed for the drive home (and the cold starts ahead)

Clio Mk3 1.4 16v
most likely the coil pack, its a pretty common fault. However its Also an easy fix as you can buy replacement coilpacks on ebay for a few quid and fitting them only takes a couple of mins. had this problem with mine twice now.