ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent, please save me...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
This is the first time this has happened, car has been starting fine for ages, but right now I'm stuck in car park, when I turn the key, I get all dash lights and everything goes off, but no turning over whatsoever, there's just a constant beep from the engine bay.

Any ideas? I'd really like to avoid a call out but I can't leave the car here because it's a timed car park.

my dad had a problem with his not turning over yesterday and it was the imobiliser, he had to lock and open the car then count to 40 and it started. probably not any use to you but you never know :p

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, immobiliser.

Hold down your lock button inside the car until the immobiliser is solid red on your dash.

Click your fob.

Then try.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like your battery to me mate . I had exactly the same , car was running fine , no trouble starting then it just died .

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, immobiliser.

Hold down your lock button inside the car until the immobiliser is solid red on your dash.

Click your fob.

Then try.

This doesn't work? When I hold down the inside lock button my immobiliser doesn't go solid red.

I've tried bump starting, some guys helped me out.

I think the battery is properly dead.

Megane 225 f1
Starter solenoid could be stuck and that would just give a click and nothing else.
Starter wouldn't cause a misfire

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
How much would I be looking at for a new starter motor fitted? I could possibly do it myself, there's a guide on here, but I don't know how much to expect to pay for a starter motor - the amount that fail it seems like they're quite a weak point on Clio's (the starter went on my old 1.2 also) - should I be looking at a brand new one?