ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USA Headunits...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

OK im currently in the process of getting a new head unit. Now Im after the Alpine MP3 one but over here the model I want, or the least model I want is fairly expensive. Ive been looking at getting one imported from the USA as I can get hold of much better models for £200-£300 cheaper than over here.

Anyway to cut a long story short, is it going to work ok over here???

Ive had a quick look into it and the power and frequency range is the same but it has been mentioned that the tuner may jump in 200mhz steps rather than 50mhz steps like over here, thus making it difficult to tune into stations properly.

What do you lot think? Anyone know if this is true or is it not worth it. Im sure I could live without the radio but its always nice to have it!

Thanks for any advice...! :)

Golf GTTDI 130PD

Are you including shipping costs in your figures???

I guess the frequency range is ok but you know how sensitive radio is over here and how precise it is.

Could mean the difference between KISS100 and Classic FM

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

No shipping is about $40 on top but it still makes it loads cheaper...

We dont have Kiss round here, used to but it changed to Galaxy105. Still just as good.

So does anyone know if it will actually work, anyone had any experience with em??? Anyone live in the states that can tell me??

Cheers or any help...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i bought a unit back from the usa for my pc and its called a new q its a graphic eq but has radio built in.

it works fine i can get ne station i want and with usa radios even though they jump big numbers with 1 press of tha button u can hold it and go through every number u want and then just store it.

and if u get it and aint satisfied just sell it on ebay :)

but alpine uk wont help u at all if it goes wrong.

MaLicE

Abarth 595 Trufeo

HI

I bought a sony mp3 player about a year ago from the states before they realised them over here

it works fine except for the radio jumps in odds so if you want a station that contains even numbers ie 104.2 you cant get it

other wise it slotted straight in

hope this helps

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Cheers for that mate, only stations ill ever use are 98.9 and 105.6 so i should be ok I think!!

:)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Yeah there are some who will on eBay. Even ones who say they wont usually will if you ask nicely. Shipping should be around $30-$40

Abarth 595 Trufeo

**WARNING**

When taking into account the price remember to include customs.

they will wack extra on, I think it is to cover vat (dont quote me)

if it is not marked as a gift they will get you and you have to pay the postman before you get your package - crafty eh!!??

just got a rockford fosfgate 9400R imported over installed it last week and a lll works 100%

radio has european option and the importers got around customs by putting a used car radio sticker on the box (value $60) !!

cost me £300 notes over ebay, as a pose to the £600 here!!

and boy does it kick arse!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah if they put a value of say $60 on it you just pay the tax on that. I worked in export last year and we did it all the time. with samples that were maybe worth $200 wed make up an invoice for $20 and you would just pay the tax on that,