ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

using clay, what do i need??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
if i wash my car, clay it and then wax it will that make it clean as fook?!

can i just buy a block of clay and wioe the car over with it and then wax it? never done it before.

cheers

106 GTi
Cut the bar into 3.

Makes it go further and if you drop it you don't ruin the whole bar.

Either use the Quick Detailer supplied, buy some for it, or use a car soap/shampoo and water mix.

Make sure the car is wahsed well, and most importantly the clay is warm and soft and you use plenty of qd or sopay water as you will scratch the finish.

I do a panel at a time, then use that peice of clay to do the glass and then the wheels - then chuck it away.

RB 182
Look at this guide from Polised Bliss about claying, the key is to make sure you have the clay gliding over the surface.

If you can I would do a polishing stage after the claying if you can.

106 GTi
On Black you will almost certainly need to polish as it will leave some mild marring.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
so does the car need to be wet to use it?

i.e shampoo the car over, then rinse and leave with just water on the paintwork?will the clay come with some applicator??

106 GTi
If using shampoo and water to clay you can leave the car wet. ( I always clay this way unless it is on a car already washed or washed using QEW )

If using QD, you should really dry it, but may get away with leaving it wet if you use Megs Last Touch QD neat which can be cut half and half with water anyway.

You just hold the clay in your hand a glide it across the surface.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
sorry just trying to make sure i understand

1.wash the car with shampoo and rinse
2.keep the car wet and wipe over with the clay
3.then polish

that right?do i need to do something after i have clayed and before i polish?

A slow one :-(
might as well wack some protection on to it... so either a wax or sealent.

Try one of the Collinites for long durability...

106 GTi
sorry just trying to make sure i understand

1.wash the car with shampoo and rinse
2.keep the car wet and wipe over with the clay
3.then polish

that right?do i need to do something after i have clayed and before i polish?

1. Wash the car with shampoo and rinse
2. Mix up 2 or 3 capfulls of car shampoo and water in a small spray bottle
3. Rewet a panel at a time with soapy water from a mitt and spray on the solution from the bottle - keeping the panel wet and wipe over with the clay
4. Rinse the car and or maybe give it another quick wash and rinse.
5. Dry
6. Polish
7. Seal/and or Wax

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
right, looks like im off down halfords!

cheers for the help, ill get some pics up if i can!

Chocolate Bar™
Cut the bar into 3.

Makes it go further and if you drop it you don't ruin the whole bar.

Either use the Quick Detailer supplied, buy some for it, or use a car soap/shampoo and water mix.

Make sure the car is wahsed well, and most importantly the clay is warm and soft and you use plenty of qd or sopay water as you will scratch the finish.

I do a panel at a time, then use that peice of clay to do the glass and then the wheels - then chuck it away.

to be honest i find this works better than quick detailer, only my opinion though

Wheres the best place to buy clay? Is it expensive? Sorry to hi-jack your thread Joe!

megs quick clay from halfrauds alex mate is the best, while your there get some stuff from autoglymm, still on 3 for 2

jamie