ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V or W

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
any diffenec in the speed rating for tyres? As far as i can see the V is good for 150mph, and the W is for even higher? SO i should be okay with the V?

Glacier White 197 Cup
W is gonna be pretty pointless for the road cos when are u really gonna be doing any where near that speed. Even on a track its unlikey that you will do that speed and a normal 182 shouldn't even reach that speed. I would say its a waste of money mate. worth spending money on a better tyre and getting v rather than buying a more budget w. V will be fine. Am sure other people will agree.

Herdie

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Seeing as your car won't come close to 150mph. I think it'll be fine...

Especially considering the ratings don't mean "When you reach 151mph then it will pop"

Yeah the are the michelines, and the W's are about 12 quid more, I didnt really think it would be worth it, goona stiock with the V's and liek you say, it's not like they will fail at exactly 151mph!

Now for the tracking, shoudl I pay 25 for normaly tracking or 40 for Laser alligned 4 week check?

hmm

My trusty lil 182 :)
There's a post on renaultport that says the v's have stiffer sidewalls than the w's. Apparantly the cups/ cup packed cars come with v's and none cups come with w's. Not sure if its correct or not but my cup packed 182 definitely came with v's!

Yeah I wouldnt normally get the tracking done, but it is well out, so much so io think it is why i need new tyres!

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
V's are what are fitted to the Trophy as standard, which are fine, W's dont have the stiffer wall so you will find a little more roll when in corners, but the ride will be slighty smoother and less harsh.

TBH I have always stuck with what was on the car from standard, if the Renault engineers have spent the time testing different options the ones which they choose are bound to be fine for everyday normal driving. Its only once you start tracking the car you need to look at other options, such as road legal track day tyres such as the Toyo or Yokohama's.

With regards to the Tracking, if you havent done it recently i would suggest spending that little bit more and get them laser aligned. i had mine done when i first got it as i felt the car was pulling to the right a bit, got it done and all 4 of the wheels were out by around 1%. Since having it set up the car feels totally different.

Tangoed Works
I would have thought W side walls are stiffer as they have to deal with higher loads (hence the higher speed rating). I run W rated on the front of my car and v's on the back, all PE2's though.