ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 - everyday practical car

Renault Laguna Coupe

Is the V6 a practical proposition when it comes to weekends away, shopping etc? How much luggage / shopping can you really squeeze in, assuming you also have a passenger?

Hehe.

Parking is a pain.. you dont wanna park near people, park in dodgy places etc.. sometimes I wish I had a 1.1 Fiesta Bonus or something I didnt care about which I can dump anywhere - same with your 172 Id imagine.

I think most people on here with V6s use it as an everyday car? Ok, they might have other cars.. but the V6 is the main car?

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 20 August 2004

LMAO yes. Probably. Where have you been the last couple of days anyway?
You are getting one ? I have been in Poole for the last few days so fill me in on what is going on ?

You can fit a few (meduim size) shopping bags in the front, where the engine would be on a 172. Its got enough room behind the driver/passenger on a narrow shelf (with storage net) thats very handy for smaller bags, jackets etc. On top of the engine cover theres quite a fair amount of room to put luggage for trips. Open the boot, and ull fit a spare pair of Nikes in there as well! lol.

Overall, more space than u think...without a passenger when shopping..slide the passenger seat all the way back, and fit another 2 or 3 shopping bags in there.

I use mine every day, and the turning circle isnt great.. but never causes any probs in normal every day situations like parking, when it does... just means you take 30 seconds longer to reverse back a bit and try again... had mine approx a year, and still cant wait to get in it tonight to drive home! : ) Ull luv it.

:)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 20 August 2004

Hehe.

Parking is a pain.. you dont wanna park near people, park in dodgy places etc.. sometimes I wish I had a 1.1 Fiesta Bonus or something I didnt care about which I can dump anywhere - same with your 172 Id imagine.

I think most people on here with V6s use it as an everyday car? Ok, they might have other cars.. but the V6 is the main car?

This is 100% true with the parking, and some bstad always parks next to u, even if the car park is empty and a long walk away from anywhere! :confused:

well, Mike - do you want the long praise or the short praise!!??? :D

got the Vee in Feb - its now got nearly 12k on the clock, so it gets used a lot. We went away for a total of 5 days (including Curborough and Scotland) and managed with enough luggage space. Bought a "custom case" to fit in the back - seriously!! needed to be "slim" so we found one and bought it - its big enough for one person for a weekend too!!!

of course when we go away Wayne is only allowed to take one pair of boxers and a pair of socks and I use the rest of the allowance, much like you and Val I suspect!!!! :p

driving it is a pure joy, every time, every day!! parking it is a bit of a nightmare - I do get the feeling that people look at me as if to say - for godsake, women drivers look, got a smart car and cant even park it - but who cares - I know the truth. :devilish:

I enjoy the attention that it gets everywhere it goes too (bit like Steve said!!) - people that would never normally talk to me do, just because of the car, so if you dont like that it could be a drawback. :cool:

so, all in all, yes, with one or two of you it is perfect in every way (well almost!!) but is certainly "usable"

DO IT!!!!

BUT IF YOU GET A LIQUID YELLOW ONE I WILL NEVER, EVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!!! ;)

looks like you got the longish version!!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

I agree with what SpecialK says.

Me and a mate went to Le-mans in my V6. 5 days worth of luggage and everything went in well. Pretty good fuel range as well.

As for everyday use this is where I differ from SpecialK. Got the car in January and the clock has just gone over 3000miles. And most of those were done going to Le-Mans.

But I never bought it for everyday, mines purely for weekends away.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Is the V6 a practical proposition when it comes to weekends away, shopping etc? How much luggage / shopping can you really squeeze in, assuming you also have a passenger?
Get tesco to deliver your shopping and get the v6,i would never buy a car like this on an ability to get shopping in it.Use the megane...lol

Get the smaller louis V luggage and your onto a winner

ian

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 20 August 2004

of course when we go away Wayne is only allowed to take one pair of boxers and a pair of socks and I use the rest of the allowance, much like you and Val I suspect!!!! :p
lol, strictly commando for us Kathy ;) Surprised to hear you can put luggage on top of the engine cover - can you open the window between the engine bay and the passenger compartment for long things (thinking skis here)?

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 20 August 2004

"or something I didnt care about which I can dump anywhere - same with your 172 Id imagine."

Thats a bit harsh. Im sure mike is careful with his 172
hahahaha. You know what I meant. ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

youll probably be the first to know ian! 99% red but that yellow is soooo nice - just a load of extra money.

If it was me I would get a red one :)
I think you have to ask yourself, can you live with another Renault / Clio - if the answer is yes the get the V6, for me tho, the answer is "probably" no.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Im lucky enough to have had a trouble-free ownership experience, and my local dealer is good. Famous last words probably....

Im lucky enough to have had a trouble-free ownership experience, and my local dealer is good. Famous last words probably....
You are just a clio whore ! LOL !

;)

You gotta get it in Liquid Yellow, just have to !

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 20 August 2004

lol, strictly commando for us Kathy ;) Surprised to hear you can put luggage on top of the engine cover - can you open the window between the engine bay and the passenger compartment for long things (thinking skis here)?
we havent put anything on the engine cover - but I guess you could - what window between engine bay and passenger compartment???? do you mean the rear side window? otherwise there aint one!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Origin~~~y posted by telford_mike on 20 August 2004

youll probably be the first to know ian! 99% red but that yellow is soooo nice - just a load of extra money.
If you have it in yellow ill be able to see it from my house..lol

ian

Mike, DO IT!!!! you know it makes sense!!:D

As for laugage, the brother in law and i got everything for 7 nights camping in, including 4 man tent, 2 sleeping bags, air beds, and two holdalls.

Shame the French cant bloody well drive!!:mad: I could of told you how much duty free you can cram in as well, lol.

any news on the insurance situation yet Steve? I cant begin to know how I would feel if I was you - but at least the main thing was that no-one was hurt.

Yaris Hybrid

Said it before and I will say it again:

The V6 is no more practical than any other 2 seater. Same price as a VX220 Turbo too. Only difference being that one of them is a seriously rapid motor and one of them aint.

For practicality get an Evo for the same price or buy a WRX and keep the change. Still as quick as the V6 or quicker. At least with those two you can leave the skis at home and stay in the car!

Nothing against the V6 other than it doesnt deliver the goods for the asking price. Not the fault of the car but the fault of the "suits" that came up with the price. Keep paying that price and Renault will keep ripping everyone off.

If you like paying more than its worth because the car is "exclusive" then fair enough, after all thousands of BMW buyers do it every year. However "exclusive" should really read "most people aint daft enough to pay that price for it".

Toypop, just 2 points i think your missing:

1/ The Clio V6 is NOT all about performance, its the looks that do it for most of us owners!! Something you always neglect to mention.

2/ Not all of use payed £27100 for a new V6, i for one saved over £3500 when i bought mine, and before you start banging on about it being an import, its not. Its a UK car renault dealer supplied.

Yaris Hybrid

Ive got nothing against imports, in fact I laugh at Renault screwing their UK dealers by flogging right hand drive models to European dealers who under cut the official UK outlets! :devilish:

Yup the V6 sure looks good, looks as good as any of the other cars I mentioned. I absolutely love the car, as far as hot hatches go its the ultimate but unfortunately its priced at the same level as some serious sports car technology. This causes me to cringe when I sit inside and see too many similarities with the basic 1.2s! How do people here rate the V6 interior as this to me is its weakest point?

Dunno how much the exterior looks are worth? I guess if the looks are important to a person then fair enough as only they can say whether its worth it at a given price point or not. In that sense its a bit like art.

I personally dont use my car to pull women and certainly dont use it to impress other blokes (I aint that way inclined!!). I dont sit back and admire my car after washing it either so from my point of view I dont care how beautiful or ugly a car is so long as it is tidy!

With 182s at 13.5k and looking at the various performance figures and specs I think I would say £18k for the V6 is a fair price if you are not interested in looks.

Clio v6

Topic Title : V6 - everyday practical car?

Not can I pull girls in it?

Not is it good value?

Not Should I buy an Evo?

Not what does go like?

Not is it similar to an other Clio?

I think those who have/do own one have answered Mike and assured him that it can be used as an everyday car.

Please keep on topic.:)

^^ LOL !!!

I dont pull girls in ours either - cant comment for hubby though :oops:

We didnt pay £27k :D

We test drove Evo 7 - nice but the Vee was nicer :D

It goes pretty good actually !!! :cool:

Its better than any of the 6 other Clios we have owned - and that includes Mk1 172, Cup, 16V ;)

sorry if thats off topic!!! :p

the V6 clio looks a million times better than any other cars that toypop listed.

VX220s and elises are for faggots, and EVOs and scoobys are for common kevs - just my personal views ofcourse.

the clio is a piece of art. i do see your point about £27k for a clio being supercar territory, and i would think twice before parting with that for one, but most people dont pay that, and you dont need to either.

i paid £16500 for my mk1 v6 with 3k miles, it is virtually brand new in my eyes, and there are mk2s with low mileage for £21k now - much more acceptable IMO.

Renault Laguna Coupe

I took my life (and my wallet) in my hands this morning and popped into our local dealer, collected all the blurb. Next door is a Nissan garage, they had a couple of 350Zs, which seems to be same price / performance etc. Nice car, but just a nice car, could hardly call it a stunning car.

Anyhow my usual salesman wasnt in, so I escaped with what little money I have still in my pocket.

Anyone got a pic of the Vee in that acid yellow colour? Better still, anyone actually seen one?

did they make the acid yellow ones? ive never seen one, only a picture. somewhere in here is a pic, thats where i saw it.

silver or blue are my fave colours - are you buying a brand new one from reno?

Remapped derv Golf

Anyone read that article in Top gear about the V6 (only the MK2 mind) being a massive (i mean massive) classic in years to come?

By 2029 when everyone has Hybid electric MPV type cars the Clio V6 will remain a symbol of what was once good about motoring and people will pay top dollar to get their hands on one!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Mike, I saw the Signature Yellow car in my local Renault showroom...they said its a £1,500 option...as for the colour itself, its definately a statement...the service team said it was more like baby sick yellow. I personally think that its not a good colour, but if you want to be noticed then fair play.

v6 v6 v6 v6 i love the v6 i want one but theres not enough room in it to live as id probably have to sell my house to get insurance on it my 172 was bad enough!