ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 for sale (Looking into Purchasing)

GR7

Shiny red R32
This lovely V6 is for sale on Auto Trader - is it anyone on here?
The number seems familiar!

V6SWL.jpg

Re: V6 for sale

are you still thinking ouf getting a V6, GR ??
as I remember you having a thing for them.

GR7

Shiny red R32

cat171 said:
are you still thinking ouf getting a V6, GR ??
as I remember you having a thing for them.
I love them and almost got one a couple of years ago, even putting a deposit on it, but the sales manager told me it wasn't an import after I queried the price which someone said was quite high (even though it was new). I went back a couple of days later and spoke to an 'ordinary' salesman (not the manager) and he told me that it didn't have the tracker (manager said it did) and the garage wouldn't supply and fit one either, and he also told me it had been imported and he agreed the price was high. I felt I had been conned so got my deposit back.

I really love the V6, but feel it would be wasted on me as I have only done 10,400 miles in my 172 since Jan 2002 when I bought it brand new and it still looks new and shiny, is totally unmarked and the back seats have never yet been sat on, so why would I want to part with it? It has had quite a few things replaced and a new Magnex exhaust as well after the crappy Renault one fell off!!!

I still hanker after a V6, and hubby tries to tempt me into getting one, but the guys at my garage said they don't fancy climbing in over the back to service it!!! :dapprove: :D

PS: The one above is probably only an hour or so from me...... hmmmm :rolleyes:

2001 RENAULT CLIO 3.0 24V Renaultsport 230 3dr Hatchback,
51 plate, rwd, 17" alloys, clear side indicators, mk2 rear light clusters, full re-map at chip uk, 18months total cover warranty remaining, garaged, full electrics, ac, abs, frsh, rac tracker, stunning condition inside and out 34k. renault uprated exhaust, 8 months m.o.t 6 months tax, no agencies. £12,750. ovno Email

Telephone: 01382 739305 or 077197 61295

Email:
spacer.gif
Email Advertiser
Price: £12,750 ovno

Last edited:

Sounds like a typical dealer to me, not knowing about a car he's selling !

I like them too. I know a bloke who had a mk1 with a very good v6 reg number on it, it sounded lovely:approve: it was standard apart from an induction kit.
I don't like interiors of them tbh (i prefer the mk2)
I have yet to see a mk2 on the road, but there are a couple of mk1's near me.
The mk1's are about half the price they were new now too :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

POW_Clio said:
Is it Stus_V6?
It could be... and with the S on the plate too, and I am sure he has his own number. I thought I read somewhere that his Dad was going to have the V6.... unless I am getting mixed up with someone else!

GR7

Shiny red R32

What happened to StuV6? He used to be a very active poster on here?

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6
The one at the top is StuV6's and is around Dundee area.
The way he and his dad are with it means it will be one Mint Vee!!!
IIRC The exhaust was a £1k Renault extra that the previous owner put on.

Shame he has vanished!! - He was always full of advice.

Si

GR7

Shiny red R32
Make your minds up mods where this link is to be!!! I first put it in the for sale section and you moved it to the spotted section!!!!:S now it's moved back!! ;)

Mondeo STTDCI
GR7 said:
Make your minds up mods where this link is to be!!! I first put it in the for sale section and you moved it to the spotted section!!!!:S now it's moved back!! ;)

I moved it from Spotted...as I felt Spotted was more for cars spotted on the road and the discussion was going away from that and too valuable to be lost in there! Dunno who moved it in the first instance and apologies to them :eek:

Bear with the new mods...we're new dont you know!!!

Dave

:cool: