ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Install

hey,

now iv sold the saxo im looking into getting a V6 clio for my 21st b-day just wondering if i can cram some ice in one? what could i get in there?

front speaker size?

any where for a sub and amp?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

not really, think some 1 made a foot well sub box but not sure, prob fit a small amp nsub in the back "boot" but for real music just remove the engine cover

hey Skip,

What are you doing about insurance, Im 21 and insured fully comp for £874 through Bell Direct.

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by skip123 on 08 September 2005

hey,

now iv sold the saxo im looking into getting a V6 clio for my 21st b-day just wondering if i can cram some ice in one? what could i get in there?

front speaker size?

any where for a sub and amp?

*shakes head*

You can tell your only 21

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Front & rear speakers are 13cm. I swapped my front for Pioneers, and ditched the rears wiring the feeds into this instead:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3463/p10107138df.jpg

Ive also swapped the original Renault HU & Changer for a high-output Sony one, and Autoleads & Connects2 do wires to connect the steering wheel controls & dash display to the sony HU - Ive got the Connects2 one!

Astra CDTI SRI

Quote: Originally posted by skip123 on 08 September 2005
hey, now iv sold the saxo im looking into getting a V6 clio for my 21st b-day just wondering if i can cram some ice in one? what could i get in there?front speaker size?any where for a sub and amp?

Youll get a couple of 12s in the boot no problem

:p

just because i want a single sub and some decent speakers doesnt mean im some chav, i just like sound quality and we all know u really dont get that in standard cars! anyway i like ur ideas, + a friend of mine used to build custom enclosures for a living so im sure hell be able to work hes magic just wondered if there were origanal speaker cutouts to get a 8 or something in the back and then standard sized fronts and a decent head unit

my moneys on youve got a sh*tty all in one system rather than a decent seperates hifi system at home though. Not bitching just confuses me why people are concerned about sound quality in there car and not at home.

i spend 90% of my time in my cars! id prefer a decent system in my motor listening to decent tunes then a mack daddy home sterio whist i watch eastenders + my nabours complain too much and my old mans just gone and brough some lowie 48 plasma for a tidy sum of £4900 which i think is silly money for a tv.

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Dont bother putting subs in the boot for 3 reasons:

1. It gets BLOODY hot in there (right above the exhaust) and itll fry your kit.

2. Its soooo far back & behind the engine that youd never hear any bass from there anyway.

3. Its a small space so not really enough free air space to generate any decent bass anyway.

One suggestion is to cut holes for some subs or 6x9s in the side portions of the engine cover. Couldnt be bothered with that myself which is why I made my own enclosure and put it on the luggage shelf, but if you want serious sounds, thatd probably be the best bet, as theres plenty of room below the cover to sink the mags into.

My stereos nothing special but I recommend upgrading from the factory HU & cd changer as its not that powerful and doesnt produce low frequencies all that well.

Clio RS 172 Ph2

The fronts are components - woofers in the doors (13cm) and tweaters in the dash. I found the tweaters are pretty good, just replaced the woofers for some better Pioneer ones, though having said that the original blaupunkt ones werent that bad.

The problem speakers are the daul-cone Renault sh*te they fit in the rear. These are also 13cm. I originally changed them for some Alpines but they still didnt give any decent bass, hence the custom made sub.

Now it sounds pretty good. Not earth-shattering, but reasonable enough to be heard properly over the engine!

BTW - for the benefit of others here.... Im 33, not a chav or a max-er, and I DO have a nice seperates system at home!!!

Clio RS 172 Ph2

hmmmm 1.2....v6 bodykit....

Surely if youre going to make it look fast, it ought to at least go pretty well. If youre gonna do this, why choose a 1.2? Whats the point of all that money spent on a car which does 0-60 in 12 seconds or something ...
& those screens in the door trims - how are you supposed to watch that whilst sitting in the passenger seat? Youd have to crane your neck to such an extent youd need to see a chiropractor afterwards....

137699 I know i was genralising but thats the way it seems to be with 99% of people that have decent in car systems. Out of interest and of topic, what system have you got?

Clio RS 172 Ph2

QUOTE: "137699 I know i was genralising but thats the way it seems to be with 99% of people that have decent in car systems. Out of interest and of topic, what system have you got?"

In the car, I have a Sony Cassette Headunit, Sony 6CD changer, Front pioneer woofers (std tweaters) no rears, just a dual-coil sub as in the pic above, and some alpine tweaters. As I said - sounds ok, not fantastic, but the cars not really got the scope to put in a decent system without modifying the interior panels.

At home, I have a sony dolby digital 5.1 receiver, Ruark front speakers, Mission rears, B&W Centre, (no sub - the ruarks are increadibly punchy at low frequencies), Micromega CD player, and also a Sony Dolby S tape deck, thats under about 2 inches of dust due to lack of use!!!

QUOTE: "Put a woofer under your front seats! Heard of this being done in a v6 apparently it sounded great."

This would be ok if you dont want to slide the seats forward to get to the luggage area. I tried fitting a 10 CD changer under the seat, and it stopped the seat from sliding, so putting a sub under there would certainly have the same effect.

[Edited by 137699 on 10 September 2005 at 10:26pm]

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Focal bought there v6 255 demo car to my shop had 3 13" subs in it so can be done