ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Pedals

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 16 December 2004

Anyone know why the V6 now comes with black pedals? They look like cheap ripspeed ones you buy from halfords.

I take it yours have black pedals then?:eek:

mine have drilled aluminium ones?:cool:

Simon.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

To be honest they do look great the pedals, but when your feet r weet they suck!!!!! In a way i would prefer rubber ones

well in the pictures the pedals are silver with rubber bits but mine are black and already have scratches on that make them look cheap. Maybe ill give renault Uk a bell.

Also the Numbered plaque is just a stick on badge that also looks really rubbish. I thought these were metal and riverted on.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

well in the pictures the pedals are silver with rubber bits but mine are black and already have scratches on that make them look cheap. Maybe ill give renault Uk a bell.

Also the Numbered plaque is just a stick on badge that also looks really rubbish. I thought these were metal and riverted on.
I noticed this when I got mine mate. Then I peeled off the black plastic coating to find lovely new alloy.:oops::oops:

If there the same as mine, the plastic is a bit of a b**ch to get off. Its also formed around the pedal, hence why they look like there real.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Hmmm ... dont like the sound of this. Have always like the drilled aluminium pedals on my 172 ... and was expecting the same on the V6 :(

What exactly are the pedals like now? Metal painted black?

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 16 December 2004

I noticed this when I got mine mate. Then I peeled off the black plastic coating to find lovely new alloy.:oops::oops:

If there the same as mine, the plastic is a bit of a b**ch to get off. Its also formed around the pedal, hence why they look like there real.

thanks mate ;) i tried to peel it off but couldnt. Im off outside to try again. Do i get a cliosport dumb ass member of the year for that question????

Clio v6

Catch a little bit of the black covering through one of the holes. Then you will manage.

Of course they are not black. Some people are really thick.

( I found this out when my first v6 was only 12 months old ) :oops:

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

thanks mate ;) i tried to peel it off but couldnt. Im off outside to try again. Do i get a cliosport dumb ass member of the year for that question????
Dont worry mate.:D

Why the hell Renault cant take these off is beyond me?

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 16 December 2004

Hmmm ... dont like the sound of this. Have always like the drilled aluminium pedals on my 172 ... and was expecting the same on the V6 :(

What exactly are the pedals like now? Metal painted black?
Andy sorry to confuse you mate. My pedals are actually silver with rubber grips that stick through. Much bigger pedals than the 172 and the grip is so much better as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 16 December 2004

Dont worry mate.:D

Why the hell Renault cant take these off is beyond me?

well you would of thought it would be part of the PDI, i asked the dealer why my pedals were black and he said he didnt know but bring it back and we will fit some silver ones if you want.

Clio v6

Quote: Why the hell Renault cant take these off is beyond me?

Think Renault technician with 12" screwdriver ?

Now do you get it? :D

"Also the Numbered plaque is just a stick on badge that also looks really rubbish. I thought these were metal and riverted on"

anybody care to answer that dumb ass question for me?

"Also the Numbered plaque is just a stick on badge that also looks really rubbish. I thought these were metal and riverted on"

anybody care to answer that dumb ass question for me?
Its true...and mine is already peeling off from the heat of the engine :mad:

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Well ... Renault have got to get their margins somewhere ... and a stick on badge saves them £5 or something.

Glad to hear the V6 does have suitable sporty pedals :D

Clio v6

I did hear about factory operators riveting the holes badly. They were getting through more center consoles than there were cars being made.

did the MK1s come with a metal numbered plaque?

That is my main worry that it will just fall off. I got number 256 wish it was 255 so it would of been kind of unique, would of been nice to say Ive got number 255 of the V6 255. I know sad isnt it.

did the MK1s come with a metal numbered plaque?

That is my main worry that it will just fall off. I got number 256 wish it was 255 so it would of been kind of unique, would of been nice to say Ive got number 255 of the V6 255. I know sad isnt it.

It is kinda unique being 256 thou, i dont think theres many other 256s about;)

12 months, James your a fool lol:p

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 16 December 2004Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 16 December 2004
I noticed this when I got mine mate. Then I peeled off the black plastic coating to find lovely new alloy.:oops::oops:If there the same as mine, the plastic is a bit of a b**ch to get off. Its also formed around the pedal, hence why they look like there real. thanks mate ;) i tried to peel it off but couldnt. Im off outside to try again. Do i get a cliosport dumb ass member of the year for that question????
[/QUOTE]Dont worry mate.:DWhy the hell Renault cant take these off is beyond me?well you would of thought it would be part of the PDI, i asked the dealer why my pedals were black and he said he didnt know but bring it back and we will fit some silver ones if you want.[/QUOTE]

lol

Clio 197

I spent the best part of a day, looking for my fuse box....

....only to realise it was completely wrapped in tape!

Sometimes I wonder if theyre on crack @ dieppe!