ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Related Question

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Hey Guys, this is a question regarding my Laguna V6, but It should be the same as the clio. Basically Car was running really lumpy at low revs, a mate connected it to his computer jobbie and it showed that the Coolant temp sensor was giving erratic feedback. I swapped this out, and it did indeed resolve the lumpiness.
However now, the car does not seem to know when it is getting too hot. We did a run to brighton, and on the motorway it was fine as it was getting plenty of cooling, but as soon as we hit traffic it over heats. For some reason something is not telling the fans to start when it gets hot.
However if you turn the car off, the fans do kick in immediately? Does anyone know if Ive just managed to get a dud sensor, or if there is something im missing?
I beleive all renaults have 2 sensors, one for coolant temp and one for the dash temperature display?