ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 with a splitter??

Mk4 .:R32
has anyone ever put a splitter on a Vee?

Or would you have to mess around with it too much to make it fit?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
This is Nev's LY :cool: :

nevsvee.jpg

nevsv6withsplitter.jpg

And K1ANO lining his new purchase up ;) :

k1anosplitter.jpg

a no no for me, looks gd as it is, extras like that ruin it imo, however a 1*2 without one looks wierd :S

B

Brown.

One thing the Vee could do without and thats less ground clearence then it already has lol..... a personally like the black on illiad splitter wise.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
The splitter on the mk2 is a custom made project, its actually made from marine plywood.

The splitter on the mk1 is a genuine cup splitter together with the rear cup spoiler.

The need for the splitter is both visual and functional:

Road Handling: To keep the front end planted to the road at high speeds due to the front lifting and feeling very unsteady, even in a straight line.

Bumper Protection: as the front bumper lower edge get's a pounding from any low clearances in roads surface.

clio v6 mk2,
The splitter on the mk2 is a custom made project, its actually made from marine plywood.

The splitter on the mk1 is a genuine cup splitter together with the rear cup spoiler.

The need for the splitter is both visual and functional:

Road Handling: To keep the front end planted to the road at high speeds due to the front lifting and feeling very unsteady, even in a straight line.

Bumper Protection: as the front bumper lower edge get's a pounding from any low clearances in roads surface.

I couldn't have said it better:) :cool: :) (mossyv6:D )

I find that the standard rubber one seems to catch on almost everything, even with driving the car slowly & sensibly over bumps etc :(
The only good thing about it is that it's rubber so it has some give to it. I think if I had a proper one fitted to mine, it would be torn off within a week :dapprove:

It's bad enough not trying to scrape the front bumper in the first place, nevermind with a splitter as well.

clio v6 mk2,
here's a V6 with a splitter... turned up to a meet many years ago

blue7.jpg

blue2.jpg

What alloys are these? Are they from the v6 'ice racer'?
The wheels are CROMODORA from the V6 clio race cars.
8"in front 9"in rears and MAGNESIUM i have been trying to get some for a year now:( .
So if someone knows someone with CROMODORA wheels for the V6 clio i will pay TOP money for them:D :D

Last edited: