ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 airbag ECU connector fried

Renault Clio 182 FF
Found the issue of my Clio 182 airbag light ...

Airbag ECU connector fried. Has anyone ever had this or have a solution?

I was thinking would it be possible to change the connector over, rewire it should it should knock off the airbag light?

If anyone has any tips or people to get in touch with, that would be excellent
1000018897.jpg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Be best getting that connector chopped off a car that's being broken, then splicing the new connector onto your loom IMO. I'd be worried it'll do the same again though, imagine there must be a fault in the airbag ECU itself to cause that. Any evidence of liquid damage? Airbag ECU sits right under the world's worst cupholders on a mk2.
Someone like @SKINTasPER breaks these regularly, might be able to sort you out.

Renault Clio 182 FF
Be best getting that connector chopped off a car that's being broken, then splicing the new connector onto your loom IMO. I'd be worried it'll do the same again though, imagine there must be a fault in the airbag ECU itself to cause that. Any evidence of liquid damage? Airbag ECU sits right under the world's worst cupholders on a mk2.
Someone like @SKINTasPER breaks these regularly, might be able to sort you out.
Yep, liquid damage! I think someone changed the ECU in order to fix it without repairing the connector