ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V8UK Meet.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Once again I find myself nursing tinnitus after being a passenger in Booners 'Vette to a V8UK meet.

First off, an initial meet up at Paragon.

13823751865_bdc029de36_z.jpg

DSC_0026 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13823782983_1312bb06f9_z.jpg

Cobra by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13824101054_56d95806e0_z.jpg

M5 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13824098654_1c89fd9c0c_z.jpg

Ford Coupe. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Then we headed off in convoy to Jacks Hill Cafe on the A5

13824096204_73f2bfb489_z.jpg

Ultima. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13823747865_b8f273e47a_z.jpg

Mustang 5.0 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13823747015_b9164bb509_z.jpg

Alex by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13824095134_1926e8feb6_z.jpg

Camaro. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

This thing was my favourite thing there. Genuine Road Runner, absolutely mint one at that!

13823740115_dee7f0d5be_z.jpg

Road Runner. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13823774213_e8072846fe_z.jpg

Surrounded. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13823741315_c61ca97c93_z.jpg

BULLIT Mustang. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13823745855_05e701a2b5_z.jpg

ZR1, Camaro by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

The weather was awesome, the cars were awesome, and more importantly... the sounds were incredible. I believe Boon is working on a video, so will fire that in here when its done.

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jasoneaston/sets/72157643898328173/

That Roadrunner is absolutely phenomenal.

Mate of mine in the States has a Chevelle and was once filling up next to a guy with a Roadrunner.
Turns out the bloke had 3 Roadrunners!
2 immaculate ones and a less perfect one for everyday use.
Amazing cars!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Probably will be there car hopping, think the GTI will look a tad out of place.

See you there then. I'm deliberating running mine, although the flamer isn't built for the strip, it's much more designed for track. I wouldn't mind running it for fun, and do it again next year when it is supercharged to see the difference in times. I normally only ever spectate at Shakey or the Pod, so it could be fun to run it.

If I don't take mine, i'll be passengering with a friend in a 67 Notchback Mustang, and his dad who is running a Fox Mustang.

Should be a good weekend! :)

Monaro VXR
Was there today myself, Booner looked a little....red!

I was in the Red Monaro with the V8 FAP plate. That now has a front and rear bumper covered with bits of tyres.

Big clumsy yank tanks do nothing for me unfortunately.

They aren't as bad as you would think, the new Z28 Camaro's which aren't that heavily upgraded isn't far off GTR pace on track. It's managed to beat it at some. Corvettes are very capable, Mustangs with a few mods are as well. Got to keep in mind these aren't cars you buy all ready done and finished as such. The yanks don't like that, they see them as a platform to build on. Something with some money on the suspension can be seriously capable though.

Plus you just can't beat that big V8 in terms of how they get down the road. Used to think exactly the same way, up until I spent a week driving one and then after that got back into a 200hp 4 cylinder and it was just a case of....Nope time to buy a V8.

See you there then. I'm deliberating running mine, although the flamer isn't built for the strip, it's much more designed for track. I wouldn't mind running it for fun, and do it again next year when it is supercharged to see the difference in times. I normally only ever spectate at Shakey or the Pod, so it could be fun to run it.

If I don't take mine, i'll be passengering with a friend in a 67 Notchback Mustang, and his dad who is running a Fox Mustang.

Should be a good weekend! :)

Power tour looks like it will be fun. I'm on it as well going down on the Friday and camping at the rugby club. Was curious who's Clio had signed up not sure if there was another one or not now though.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Bloody hell, Paragon is literally 200 yards from where my parents live. Road is hideouse outside there unit pothole wise.

An orange one
Not a turini in sight!

Also not really a fan of anything there, isn't the corvette ZR1 the one with the Perspex centre in the bonnet that's rediculousky fast?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Theres a few there I wouldn't have. But for Burnout lolz, they cannot be beaten.

Was there today myself, Booner looked a little....red!

Yes! As do I. Roof off hooning in the sun FTW! Makes me miss my MX5. Something about having no roof just makes you a child again... as does a Massive V8.