ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver oil Pressure

Audi S3

It reads 3 when warm really mine reads 0 on idle when warm!
and 1 ish when driveing around normally when warm!

Matt

Williams 2, STi N12

Mine is 1.5bar when warm 80degs, and around 3.0bar at 3000rpm.

Think this is somewhere near what it should be.

when the engines hot (about 100 after a motorway run) my pressure at idle is almost non existent. Is it something I need to worry about? I know the servicing and oils all ok as I done it myself and its good stuff and done properly.
When running the pressure does go up but I cant remember to what - Ill check on my way home 2nite...

Mine does drop to about 0 when on idle. But then again my oil temperature is always on 0, so i dont know how far i can trust these dials.

Nah it normal for pressure to drop this low once oil is warmed up, as its viscosity drops so much, just make sure it produces the goodies when cold and when revs rise a little. Mine is almost off the guage from cold even when idling, but drops to a shade over 1 when hot. Pay more attension to oil warning light, its a more realistic tell tale.

Alex M

clio williams, Ph1 172

I think mines about 3 when cold and then drops till about nothin on the gauge. When you rev it the pressure goes up gradually. Its been like that for the last 7 months since ive owned it and the cars run spot on. Apart from on the odd occasion it Revs slightly on its own (weird) anyone else had this?

Hows the stereo Phil? Ive just found the manual, I moved back home today so ill send it when i get chance. Been sooo busy lately, hence not bein on here for weeks!