ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver problems help!

ok i pulled away in my valver tonight and gave it abit of stick in 1st gear and felt something clonk i let off and it felt like the engine was vibrating against something its making a real bad rubbing noise and it seems to have affected the steering/handling of the car,the revs have also dropped abit on tick over and it doesnt seem to be running very well.

anyone got any ideas?

damo

Not a Clio

gearbox or engine mount

i sheered one off flooring it in 1st at about 11pm on a cold winters night in december... waiting for the AA wasnt fun.

Exact happened to mine (still not fixed :( ) sheared the gearbox mount bolt due to the dogbone mount being goosed.

Before this happened did the gearstick rock back and forward when u accelerate etc?

i reckon it could be an engine mount as i only had a new box put in bout 4 months ago

any ideas which 1 it would most likely be?

look under the car at the mount.......or open the bonnet and see if the engine is tilting more than it should,

ive already had a look at the engine and the mount,the engine doesnt move anymore then it did when you rock it and doesnt seem to have moved,the dogbone is tilting slightly down towards the floor at the front of the car end but other than that looks fine?????????:confused:

:(

right heres the update just had a closer look and its actually the mount under the battery that has gone ive took it off and the bolt that goes through the rubber piece has snapped clean off gona try and remove it now

could the movement from the worn dogbone mount cause this to happen?

does anyone kno if german,swedish and french will keep the battery side engine mount in stock at their shops?

bad news ive phone GSF and they havnt got any of the mounts i need and they have no date set for delivery of any so it might have to be renault :(

right just spoke to renault and the mount is gona be £36 and the bolt that goes through the middle is £12!

£12 i say for a bloody bolt!:cry: