ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver tyre size!!

For some reason ive got 185/55/15s on the valver, apparently they are meant to be 50s?? got a deal with the local ATS man where i can get a decent set of pirellis at near cost (not dodgy!!) basically so whats the crack?? go down to the proper size (50s) or stick with what i have as they are fine. cheap as chips to replace them with the 50 size and should look better... will it affect performance noticably??

accelerate quicker with a lower top end??

cant be assed to go fast anymore but quite like the idea of more acceleration.

Your ATS mans trying to get rid of some tyers he probably cant sell...hehehe....

b**ch slap him next time you see him:devilish:

well he has to get them in specially so i cant see its cos of that ak16v!!!!

So which is best then, 50s or 55s??? not really that bothered how much they are the 50s worth putting on??

For me the best price/performance set is with the 195/50/15: same tumbling circumference of the 185/55/15 and a -30% price coz more common than the other ;)

Adriano

Ah, but the 55s are supposed to be a bit more feelsome than the 50s. ;)

Its a strange thing for me to say, I know, but I reckon stick with the manufacturers 185/55/15 recommendation - considering how good a job they did with the rest of the chassis, I imagine the correct tyres can only add to the experience!

Clio Williams2

Mine came with 17s, 4 tyres cost me £300!! Once Ive sorted the niggly bits on mine Im gonna look into some 2nd hand original 15s...Would this be taking a step back in handling performance? The likes of Max Power would say the bigger the better but Im not sure this is always the case. Either way Im gonna get some anyway, could have a cheap set for track days. I wouldnt mind the extra smoothness from the deeper tyres, these low profiles seem to hard for ma little clio.