ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver whining/popping out of 3rd

Hello

I wen't out for a drive last night and it has started whining.

If you rev the engine out of gear or with the clutch in it's fine. When driving in gear there is a whining noise, the higher the revs the louder it is.

It started doing it now and then but now it does it all the time.

Also it pops out of 3rd, and can be hard to get it into gear at times

I have checked to see engine movement from front to rear; there doesn't seem to be any really and the dog bone mount looks fine.

Any would be appreciated

Poping out of gear could show engine dogbone mout is worn a new Renault one is the best idea IMo forget stronger/stiffer ones. Take yours out to check if you want. Otherwsie check the gear lever adjustemnt rthen check the clutch /clutch cable is ok could well be the clutch failing.

As for difficult to get in gear check/top up the gear oil and maybe chnage.

I spoke to a transmission engineer, he told me that it could be the upper bearings worn. This would cause it to pop out of 3rd and also to whine, this likely?

Not a clue what it is, i've been told so many different things i don't know where to start or what to do.

Oil was changed about a month a go and is still full.