ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valvers not selling

Seems to be a lot a valvers for sale and none actually selling!! Some of them are mint - not sure why no one has sold one yet!

Suggestions??

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Gettin too old i spose! You can buy some very good cars on the cheap nowadays!

I was tempted to get a another one if my golf sold. i drove my mates RSi last night and have decided i could not do it!

172 M69 eater

alot of em have high mileage and i guess its puttin ppl off to b honest, the minters are then stupidly expensive and theres no middle ground

megane coupe F7R

Nobody wants a hardcore driving machine anymore. There scared they might actually like it so they dont bother. They go and buy 172s and 182s instead:)

[Edited by Andyvalver on 24 June 2005 at 11:06am]

All the ones Ive seen recently have been over priced, people are valuing these cars at more than they are actually worth.

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 24 June 2005

All the ones Ive seen recently have been over priced, people are valuing these cars at more than they are actually worth.
honest and true....

most of them have been modified too and then are worth less IMO as the standard ones will be the collectors ones worth the real dough as white16valver was sayin the other day!

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 24 June 2005

exactly true, i mean people are still asking over £2.5k for them

you can pick up a s2 106 rallye for the same price, and i know which car is more of a drivers car (for those that argue that point)

172 M69 eater

^^tbh i wouldnt pay that sort of price for a high miler, alot of them are round the point now too that if u buy one generally it needs rust sorting and arch work!! (not all of them of course!)

Abarth 500

Ive just got to convince my girlfriend that blowing a pocketful cash on a valver is more important than the back garden and then another one could be sold!

Trouble is, it will have to be really cheap to deter me from the Fiat X1/9 Ive got my eye on! :oops:

Would you accept 500 notes for yours yet Justy? ;)

mines been on the autotrader for just over a wek now & i have a few calls, but no ones been round.
i even put it on here the other day, as loads of people are always asking for decent examples !
its now in the loot too (only did it the other day)

due the the fact that the cars had another engine i didnt but the mileage in the ad ( i figure its hard to explain what happened)
its b*llocks, im willing to be knocked down on it, but im not selling it for peanuts.

mines a very good example & its standard (see for sale section to see what im talking about)

when i was looking 3 years ago it took me two months to find it after looking at sh*tters, think what most of them are like now !

Clio 172

i looked at loads b4 i chose mine a month ago, i looked at 1 the bloke said it had a few stone chips & that was it when i turned up every panel had a dent & the roof looked like some1 had stamped on it the bloke wanted 1700 & he thought it was cheap

Quote: Originally posted by dannyboy on 24 June 2005

what other 10 year old cars are you comparing them to?
i dont know, im not having a go at valvers, all i am saying is that wot has put me off buying them is their dated appearance inside.

am i allowed to say that?!

im gona deffend them a bit.... 2.5K for a car with leather, big engine, electric package, pretty stylish ( i think ) and ones with low milage and well looked after anit alot of money to ask i personally think SOME people just want something for nothing !!!!

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by Baker16v on 24 June 2005
im gona deffend them a bit.... 2.5K for a car with leather, big engine, electric package, pretty stylish ( i think ) and ones with low milage and well looked after anit alot of money to ask i personally think SOME people just want something for nothing !!!!

You can have something for nothing, see Kellys comment. You can get cars just as quick as valvers that are neewer with more toys for £2.5k.

A high mileage unmodified Valver for £2k or less would make a fun second car for the track, suprised they dont get picked up for that sort of use.

My opinion is that people look at a valver for sale, in mint condition, low miles for the year priced at 3k, then think.. hang on a min... save or spend 2k more and I have myself a 172 which is newer, has lower miles, more toys and less hassle and more power.

Im not saying a mint valver is worth 3k or not, its just that people are not prepeared to spend 3k on a car thats between 10 & 13 years old which has no real status if that makes sense.. its not a ltd edition, its not a sought after car, there are plenty of them out there - some dirt cheap and i think people are more likely to either buy a dirt cheap example or something newer like a 172. Puts valver owners in a very difficult position. sell cheap or dont sell at all, which is a shame!

I hear what your saying, but surely people must want good examples, i looked at cr*p examples three years ago, so i can imagine the state of some of them now.
its really annoying as i know exactly what im getting next, i just need to sell it, i just wish some one would come & have a look at it & make me an offer on it.

Mind you though its only been on the internet for sale, not in any actual magazines (thats happening on monday) & its only been just over a week.

Not a Clio

i bought my old valver in 2002. 94 reg with 80000 miles on for £3000.

I sold it in 2004 after having it advertised everywhere for 6 months at £700 (started off at £2000)had about 97000 on the clock then.

Id say they are overpriced in the eyes of the public, my dad, well joe average would never pay 3K for a 10 year old hatchback!

Only the entheusiasts who put time and money into their cars will be willing to pay high..

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo

I just bought a valver for £900. Good interia, heatshield missing from engine bay, wih caused clutch/throttle cables to stiffen up (Unbareable) Cables on TPS sensor were frayed and touching causing an idle problem. Dogbone worn out causing it to jump out of gear. Owner must have thought it was gonna be £££ to put right and sold cheap. LOL

£80, some solder and some insulating tape later and I have a very driveable decent lookin valver.