ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vauxhall 'Red Top' Appreciation Thread

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
46FE87A2-76B0-4F0F-8F73-EFDD85364F17.jpeg
258CC3E2-2FE8-499D-9004-D9F2B4691AC9.jpeg
B4067B34-842C-4036-BA90-023A74C4F42C.jpeg
33AA0738-1DF7-414B-A4ED-9F8BE7B88EDE.jpeg

Made 243bhp
Had a quaife gearbox, cams, think it was running a Megasquirt. I can’t remember too much of the spec sadly, but plenty of carbon!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I remember years ago coming up to a set of lights in my first 182 (circa 2007) and there was a silver corsa b there. Looked standard apart from some wheels and shiney tailpipe. It was just us there and i thought my 182 was quick and wanted to "show off" when it went green. However, that never happened because as soon as the lights changed, this corsa went off! I remember quickly changing gear and just cruised! Funnily, a few weeks later at work (worked in a kit car company and the new demo was having a vauxhall engine fitted) the same guy/car pulled up. Turns out he worked/owned a vauxhall tuning company and was doing some work to the demo. Got talking and he had a 2.0 ltr lump in the corsa. Even had the standard badges on it! Was a clean car too! He remembered the situation too.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
A bloke I used to work with had a red top in a space frame with a rough old Renault 5 Turbo 2 replica shell over it.

He used to go drag racing in it but moved onto something else after throwing too much nitrous at 2 engines and being offered a silly amount of money for it broken.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I remember years ago coming up to a set of lights in my first 182 (circa 2007) and there was a silver corsa b there. Looked standard apart from some wheels and shiney tailpipe. It was just us there and i thought my 182 was quick and wanted to "show off" when it went green. However, that never happened because as soon as the lights changed, this corsa went off! I remember quickly changing gear and just cruised! Funnily, a few weeks later at work (worked in a kit car company and the new demo was having a vauxhall engine fitted) the same guy/car pulled up. Turns out he worked/owned a vauxhall tuning company and was doing some work to the demo. Got talking and he had a 2.0 ltr lump in the corsa. Even had the standard badges on it! Was a clean car too! He remembered the situation too.

I'd love a standard looking Corsa GSi with a C20LET in (or the equivalent VXR lump)

Westy. MX5
I have a Redtop in my Westfield, 201bhp on R1 carbs, with a few more tweaks to the head and block. Always on a track somewhere but not recently for obvious reasons.
B45C68D9-504E-46ED-A921-F55B160F0CE7.jpeg